Toilet gurgles when showering

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very unlikely. Never seen a vent issue besides the one house I worked in that somehow did not have one.
Okay is it an easy thing to check? If it's something simple then I'd like to check that. The last time the septic was pumped was almost 4 years ago. Could that be the issue?

Okay is it an easy thing to check? If it's something simple then I'd like to check that. The last time the septic was pumped was almost 4 years ago. Could that be the issue?
Did you have a lot of people over during the past week with the holidays? Its the busiest time for drain cleaners. It Could be a septic issue but I would try snaking it first.

Did you have a lot of people over during the past week with the holidays? Its the busiest time for drain cleaners. It Could be a septic issue but I would try snaking it first.
It's not that I had a lot of people over. It's just It's been 4 sometimes 5 people everyday. Plus I tried snaking to no avail. And as I was snaking it smelled like sewage.

It's not that I had a lot of people over. It's just It's been 4 sometimes 5 people everyday. Plus I tried snaking to no avail. And as I was snaking it smelled like sewage.
How far out were you able to go?

How far away is the septic from the house?

How far out were you able to go?

How far away is the septic from the house?
15 feet ish. The line is probably 30ish feet long. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna find the cap to the tank and check the level. If that's good then there gonna have to snake the drain.

15 feet ish. The line is probably 30ish feet long. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna find the cap to the tank and check the level. If that's good then there gonna have to snake the drain.
Yeah you need to go further out then the 15 feet.

Yeah you need to go further out then the 15 feet.
Mhmmmmm.... welp. I wish I could attach a camera to my auger, i hate not knowing if im going the right way through the pipes... I know they have those but I'm not paying that much money for one lol

Home depot by me rents cameras. You can check yours.

Back