Toilet flange I've never seen before

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this is a strange flange I've never seen before. I'm a bit concerned as the flange was glued to the outside of the drain pipe and trying to secure it to the subfloor.I would prefer to secure it to the finish floor but there isn't enough room under the flange for both the sub and finish floor See the photos... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_212710436.jpg
    PXL_20231118_212710436.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20231118_212715149.jpg
    PXL_20231118_212715149.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Cut it off and install a new flange in the position you’d like.
Are there flanges long enough to to compensate for the loss of length from the original flange? Or do I have to add a coupler and a length of drain pipe?

Yeah that thing is trashed. About .00003 seconds into looking at it, your mind should tell you to cut it off and start over. You can tell it's deformed.
they make soft plastic flanges? I didn't even know that was possible. PVC is more rigid and doesn't rust, I get that some flanges are PVC (the thick white ones for going inside old 4 inch cast iron pipe).

But soft ABS plastic? Wow. The average American male adult is probably 245 pounds. You can't use soft deformable things for American, LOL.

Yeah that thing is trashed. About .00003 seconds into looking at it, your mind should tell you to cut it off and start over. You can tell it's deformed.
they make soft plastic flanges? I didn't even know that was possible. PVC is more rigid and doesn't rust, I get that some flanges are PVC (the thick white ones for going inside old 4 inch cast iron pipe).

But soft ABS plastic? Wow. The average American male adult is probably 245 pounds. You can't use soft deformable things for American, LOL.
Soft plastic, deformed? That is a type of offset flange. ABS is the standard pipe in my area, and the are tons of ABS flanges installed. We use flanges with a SS ring, but most builders are cheap. Point being it is common practice and not unusual to see ABS.

Back