The best chili recipes out there, and i need to find me one!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine, I do change it up all the time with the meats for whatever I have killed recently but it is sure tasty. Sometimes I like to use HOT ground sausage for half of the beef.

1 Med Onion ( Sliced, Diced However you Prefer)
3 Cloves Garlic Diced
2 Lb Buger or whatever type of meat you like (sometimes I do 1 pound pork sausage and 1 pound beef/venison)
1 Lb Chorizo
4 oz Mushroom (canned)
12 oz tomato paste
14-1/2 oz Diced Tomatoes ( sometimes I get them with garlic or one of those combo cans)
1 can Pinto Beans
1 cans Kidney Beans
1 can black beans
1 Can Black eyed Peas
2 oz diced chilis of jalos depending on taste
2 oz can diced green chilis
2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
3 tsp chili powder (or more to taste and brand)
1/2 cup water
and of course a splash of beer
Sometimes I add a half a can of corn

Slightly sauté the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil not to much just so they don't stick to pan and burn add burger and cook till about half way done, than add chorizo. cook thoroughly. Then add all other items mixing as you go. After all items are mixed together i usually let it cook on stove on med to low heat and continue cooking for about an hour stirring occasionally. You will get water on top but that will evaporate some as cooking when you stir it during the process you will mix it back in so don't freak if there is an inch of liquid on top.

My quick and easy Bachelor Style Chile Recipe:

1 1/2 - 2 pounds ground beef
I) brick of XLNT Chili Con Carne
2) 16 ounce cans of Chili Beans
1) 16 ounce can of Kidney Beans
1) 16 ounce can of Spicy Stewed Diced Tomatoes
1) Large white onion
1) head of garlic
1) package of Chili Seasoning
1) pound of finely grated sharp cheese
1) Tablespoon olive oil
* Salt, pepper and seasonings to taste

Dice garlic and 1/2 the onion and place in a deep 10 quart sauce pan with the olive oil. Saute until onions are translucent. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Throw in the cubed Chili Con Carne until melted and mixed thoroughly. Add package of Chili Seasoning. Toss in all three cans of beans, including the juice. Toss in the can of tomatoes. Simmer under low heat for about an hour.

Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh onion and a handful of sharp cheddar cheese and an optional dollop of sour cream.

1 lb (minimum) jalapenos
1/2 lb or more of serranos
several cayennes, more is better
a couple of different kinds of meat, at least 2 lbs of each
lots of garlic
several pinches of sage
a couple of pinches of thyme
4 or 5 tablespoons of dark chili powder
2 cans of diced tomatoes
4 or 5 cans of beans, at least two of them black beans
ground black pepper
salt
six pack of beer
butter
a small bunch of fresh cilantro, not too much
a handful of white rice

If the meat is not ground, cut it into chunks

Melt butter in a big frying pan, and lightly brown the chunks of meat, while drinking beer. It is OK if you spill a little beer into the frying pan.

Dump the cans of beans and tomatoes into a 2 gallon stock pot, and add some water. Crank up the heat, turn it down to medium once it starts boiling. Open another beer. Hurry up and drink it, it's time to chop the jalapenos.

Chop the jalapenos to your preference, then add them to the pot. Add the meat. Add lots of garlic. Add sage and thyme, and chili powder, while drinking another beer. Once the pot comes back to a boil, turn it down to a heavy simmer, and cover.

Open another beer so that you can add a little bit to the pot. Drink the rest before it gets warm, waste is a sin.

Chop the cilantro and the serranos, and sprinkle a little beer onto those. Drink the rest of that beer.

Add the cilantro and serranos. Take a break and drink a beer, you have been working really hard.

Chop up the cayennes really small, being careful to keep your hand cool by wrapping it around a cold beer very often.

Send someone to the store for more beer, might as well make it a 12 pack this time.

While you are waiting for them to get back, add the cayennes and the rice.

Once the rice is added, you need to stir very regularly. This is very strenuous labor, and should never be attempted without an ample supply of beer.

Once the rice is completely softened, serve frosty mugs of beer with small sides of chili. Don't get carried away with the chili, remember what the main course is.

A pound of Jalo's would tear me up. I love the heat but dang those things are evil.

A pound of jalapenos gives 1 1/2 gallons of chili a nice base warmth and some good flavor. Your wimpy friends can usually tolerate that level of heat. 1/2 lb of serranos gets you to the point that I won't whine that it is gutless. Several cayennes get it to the point that it is actually good chili. I usually add a few more, if it is just for me.

I was supposed to make chili tonight but got called to a water line break instead. Hopefully will get the line fixed tomorrow so i can make my chili. Already have a couple pounds of venison ready to go.

Because I went and got eye surgery yesterday, don't tell my doc I'm on the PC.

Great, so much better then last weeks try. I would recommend this doc to anyone. No pain and quick. Still hazy but happy.

Tonight I will add my step by step picture guide to making chili. First cut up whole onion and some garlic and saute in some olive oil.

ForumRunner_20121222_174647.jpg

Back