Stripped Rubber Screw

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
I have what I think is a Moen TS3110ORB and the "override screw" which is a rubber screw is stripped. Any ideas how I can remove this? The screw itself has a hole through the middle so maybe can insert something that can grip it from the inside and turn....

Maybe screw isn't the right word, the insert is rubber/plastic, would you still drill it out? Here I've attached an image...

Attachments

• 20180909_094449.jpg
    20180909_094449.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
cant be sure but that looks like the tip of stem with no screw. you might try spraying wd 40 and try to pull off after it soaks in. ive had those stick before and had to break handle off and get new handle.that hole in middle is where screw would go.

Okay I managed to get it out by really jabbing the screw driver into the side of it (see attached picture - what would you call this part?). So I have two issues now:
1.) I probably need a replacement part for this, also the cap for the lever is missing.
2.) I have no idea how to take this thing apart (was trying to adjustment the max temperature). There's a screw behind the red threaded insert, at the very end, but when I loosen it it gets to the point where it start clicking and not coming out anymore. At that point I have no idea how to take anything apart.

Can anyone identify this valve so I can find the instructions? It's got the Show Home by Moen logo on it but I don't think it's the part I originally thought.

Attachments

• 20180909_112050.jpg
    20180909_112050.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20180908_113027.jpg
    20180908_113027.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 18
I don't think I have ever seen faucet parts so expensive. I believe I would be replacing that thing instead of repairing. A handle
kit is 199.31?

It's called supply and demand. They supply the parts and demand an exorbitant price if you want them!

Never worked on one of these before but I found this when I did an image search with the # you posted
Moen TS3110ORB

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/m...ower-faucet-parts-c-143601_144220_144612.html

I found PDF instruction Manual

http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/instruction-sheets/ins2058c.pdf

Good Luck. Let us know how it came out

Yeah I'm not 100% sure that's the correct part number, that was just the closest one I could find googling it myself. The replacement override screw part certainly looks correct.

I tried again this weekend to get it off without any success. Seems like you're just supposed to rotate the handle and base and pull it off after the override screw is out, but I can't get it to go anywhere. Not sure if it's super calcified on or if I'm missing something. Doesn't help that there's no local shut off for the shower while I'm doing this...

Call Moen. That’s a Moen “show house” trim. There’s a bunch of parts behind that handle. The will send you parts and a breakdown.

Back