Shower water doesn't get hot

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaekim

Reaction score
We recently moved into our house. When I turn on this one shower, the water gets lukewarm, and if I leave it on long enough, the water gets a little warmer. This is with the handle turned all the way to "hot" position as far as it will go. The sink faucet 5 feet away puts out hot water. Any thoughts as to what is going on?

Your anti-scald stop limit may be set too low, pull off the handle and adjust as needed.

Thanks Rickyman. I didn't even know there were such devices. But that makes sense since the sellers were older. So, here is a picture of the handle. Should I remove the knob that I turn, or the wall faceplate that covers the hole where the handle goes into the wall?

Attachments

• IMG_20180404_160410.jpg
    IMG_20180404_160410.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
We recently moved into our house. When I turn on this one shower, the water gets lukewarm, and if I leave it on long enough, the water gets a little warmer. This is with the handle turned all the way to "hot" position as far as it will go. The sink faucet 5 feet away puts out hot water. Any thoughts as to what is going on?
that's moen shower valve not sure but if you remove t he handle you may find a stop on the stem but I'm not that familiar with moen....how do you heat your hot water some shower valves need different stems if its a tankless heater

It's a regular water tank - 40 gallons or so.

Thanks Rickyman. I didn't even know there were such devices. But that makes sense since the sellers were older. So, here is a picture of the handle. Should I remove the knob that I turn, or the wall faceplate that covers the hole where the handle goes into the wall?
Remove the knob with an Allen wrench underneath. Then you should see the settings.

I can’t tell from my phone, it if that’s an older Moen without the posi temp cartridge (1225B) then the issue is your balancing spool in the valve

From the picture it looks like it is a posi -temp faucet. I would replace the 1222 cartridge if the setting is all the way on hot.

Thanks for the help, folks. I'll take care of this soon.

Back