Shower Handle Removal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woknick

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the shower handle and this model does not have an allen screw that holds it on. I found the center screw behind the front cap and removed it. The handle is still solid and will not come off. Do I have to unscrew the handle? Not sure how to proceed.

Attachments

• shower_handle.jpg
    shower_handle.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
I've never seen this valve (46 years doing this). If there was a screw at the front of the handle it's probably just stuck from minerals or corrosion. Try some PB Blaster. Soak it good and gently tap on the handle to allow it to penetrate let it sit for 20-30 min and try again. It may take a couple of tries but it should come off. Tap the handle "front to back" (gently) with a wood block or plastic mallet. Just a guess, mind you! :rolleyes:

The faucet handle puller was my 1st thought, but there doesn't look like there's much for the puller to grab. If that flange behind it turns with the handle it might work. Otherwise PB Blaster and patience should prevail.

Latest posts

Back