Shower and tub handle not straight

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wspwithe

Reaction score
We recently installed new Delta Ara Monitor 14 assembly after a remodel. When replacing the handle, we can't reposition it. Is there a way to do that? See the picture. The handle is currently in the off position. Looked everywhere for info on this.

Attachments

• Delta Ara 14 Faucet handle.jpg
    Delta Ara 14 Faucet handle.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 10
Did the cartridge get installed in the correct position?

Take the handle off and let me see what you’ve done. 😬

I’ll help you get it corrected.

Take the handle off and let me see what you’ve done. 😬

I’ll help you get it corrected.
Thanks! See attached pic. The water turns on and off fine, just the handle won't line up.

Attachments

• tub faucet(1).jpg
    tub faucet(1).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 16
  • tub faucet(2).jpg
    tub faucet(2).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 15
Maybe the valve is installed wrong, back in the wall?

And why is the valve installed so darn low?

Maybe for handicapped access?

Maybe the valve is installed wrong, back in the wall?

And why is the valve installed so darn low?

Maybe for handicapped access?
Maybe? You have to turn the catridge slightly to get it in so it's not installed straight on. What's weird is that the prior handled was completely aligned just fine. Not sure why it's so low...builder installed probably why.

Looking at the picture in #7 of the backside of your handle, it doesn't look quite right.

I think there is a little plastic tab on the cold side of the cartridge, that has to sit in a small vee notch at the three o’clock position.
Is that how yours is now?

I think there is a little plastic tab on the cold side of the cartridge, that has to sit in a small vee notch at the three o’clock position.
Is that how yours is now?
Yes, there are actually 2 notches. The plastic vee's are in the correct place.

The handle is ruined. Get another handle. That’s all that’s wrong.

The handle is ruined. Get another handle. That’s all that’s wrong.
But it's brand new. I have 2 of them and they are both doing the same thing. One is in the tub and one is in the shower. (separate tub/shower)

But it's brand new. I have 2 of them and they are both doing the same thing. One is in the tub and one is in the shower. (separate tub/shower)
The handle was installed wrong.

if the other one is doing it to......then the same person must have done the work.

It’s wrong.

This portion of your handle with the red arrow should be shaped just like the brass stem on the cartridge.,

It’s a female handle fitting over the corresponding male stem.

It simply slips over it. A set screw then is tightened to secure the handle.2A17EEF4-59B9-4B60-877B-FD5A0799DD1B.jpeg

Yours, pictured has been rounded out.

Back