Septic tank install

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should read more. Maybe not chime in with slightly worse advise.

I think you should take your own advice.

Like on the swaging tool on the pic thread

And the tub faucet repair thread

And toto ballcock replacement thread

And countless other threads where I’ve corrected your misinformation.

You’re too busy trying to show everyone your Union education to help them........ the Union education that lacks any real repair instruction of residential plumbing.

No one comes to this website to build a hotel or repipe a hospital.

Where others resist looking petty two wax jumps in.

You shouldn’t talk out of your ass so much. You’re not that smart.

You remind me of a failed plumbing contractor that’s now an inspector.

Or a liberal Union parrot that gets a hard on over government oversight and regulation.

Residential vs. Commercial...

If y'all remember I owned a car wash in Michigan. Car washes, believe it or not, are considered "hazardous waste generators". The owners (and that was me!) had "cradle to grave" responsibility for everything ON the property. I was required to get an EPA Site License. The "sludge" that accumulated in the car wash pits, had to be removed by someone with the EPA and State license to do so, and they provided me with the report on each load, and what happened to it; once I paid them to do that, they assumed legal responsibility for it, and kept all the records.

What they did is suction out the water from the pits, and place into the city septic system. Then, the oily liquid and sludge was vacuumed out and hauled away. At their treatment facility, they put all of this into a centrifuge, and separate solids from liquids. The solids were dried and placed into a landfill. The liquids went through a separation process, the oils were collected and sent to a reprocessing facility (where they were eventually turned into the cheap SAE30 weight "white bottle reprocessed oil" you use in a lawnmower,) and the resulting oil-free liquid went into the city sewer system. In my case the hauler took this stuff about 100 miles away from my car wash. Cost me about $700 each load, every 6-9 months.

So, there is some EPA involvement at the local level, at least on the commercial side of things. Never saw an EPA agent but I sure saw their paperwork...

I used to be a licensed asbestos abatement contractor. That was what the license said anyway. The EPA regulated a lot of that work and we got visits from federal employees on site. OSHA a lot also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back