Replacing washer faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambrose1118

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum so go easy on me. I just moved into a new house and the precious owner took one of the washer hoses and left the other because it was corroded and could not be removed. I tried to remove the hose with WD-40 and then tried to file through it but it is on good. Any suggestions on how to replace the faucet? Am I going to need to cut into the drywall and take off the drip catcher? If I hire a plumber, what is ball park cost to fix?Any help is much appreciated and picture for reference.

Attachments

• PXL_20210725_205609605.jpg
    PXL_20210725_205609605.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
You basically have it cut off now. Grab the portion between the two cuts and peel it out.
Then open the hose fitting up and it’ll unscrew.

This problem is pretty common with steel washing machine hose ends.

They rust and will not come off unless they’re cut off.
Pretty easy process once you do it a few times.

A small sharp screwdriver works well once you get a notch cut into it

You should have sprayed penetrating oil like Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster, not WD40.

When the hose comes off, try to clean up the hose threads on the faucet with a wire brush.
What you can’t reach might get a little better just by aggressive cleaning with a green scotchbrite scrubber.
After letting it sit for a few hours with penetrating oil on it.

Your new hoses should have a stainless braided cover, not just plain black rubber.
That rubber type can burst suddenly and cause massive flood damage.

Back