Replacing vintage kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacobus2

Reaction score
This sink was installed 1912 I think. I’m sure faucet is not that old, but it’s old enough. Produces 20% of the flow from a nearby bathroom sink and we would like to replace it. Doesn’t have to be the same, just has to work. Is it going to be hard to match the holes? Recommendations? Thank you.

Attachments

• 9E148302-6485-475D-84B4-0446A74E7FE7.jpeg
    9E148302-6485-475D-84B4-0446A74E7FE7.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 15DE5F3A-6824-45F7-9946-F91783058EA2.jpeg
    15DE5F3A-6824-45F7-9946-F91783058EA2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
It’s probably not the faucet but rather the galvanized steel piping you have.

That’s a Crane faucet. I’m not sure if any replacements are available or not. Most Everyone in my service area have thrown out those old kitchens and replaced with more modern stuff…..

You should plan on eliminating ALL old galvanized piping in the dwelling.
Once you have new angle stops with flow and no chance of rust particles, then see what's up with the faucet.
There is no replacement for that style, but it might be rehabbed with a lot of effort after supply piping is completely replaced.
In a pinch, you could pull the galvanized supply risers, add stubs with wye strainers, straight stops and new flex supply connectors. And then, backflush any blockage through the spout.

You should plan on eliminating ALL old galvanized piping in the dwelling.
Once you have new angle stops with flow and no chance of rust particles, then see what's up with the faucet.
There is no replacement for that style, but it might be rehabbed with a lot of effort after supply piping is completely replaced.
In a pinch, you could pull the galvanized supply risers, add stubs with wye strainers, straight stops and new flex supply connectors. And then, backflush any blockage through the spout.
Thank you!

Back