Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have it way to easy. When you dig here, there may be 1" or 3" of soil, then there is rock- small rocks, medium size rocks, large rocks, and after you dig for a while, rocks as big as your cars. When you dig a basement, someone will inevitably suggest dynamite. When you drive through this area and wonder why some houses have those rocks in your yard, it is from a sense of triumph. And when you prepare a footing for a concrete slab, there is no "loose soil" for shower stubs, we use limestone gravel.

It gets pretty hot here and humid. It kills people. And the dirt varies, across town it’s hard red clay. No rocks tho.

Attachments

• 1615384872271.png
    1615384872271.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 4
my neighbors aren't gypsies, but that is the type of people they are. If they'd had more time and the space to take more of our stuff they would have.
I couldn't resist adding this story; my Father swore this was true.
Back in the late 1940's, he owned a small frame house he leased out, a few blocks from our house in South Philly. One day he went to collect the rent, and found: NO HOUSE ! Just an empty lot. No, the neighbors were apparently deaf, dumb, and blind, they knew nothing. He never found the tenants, and to add insult to injury, a month or two later, he was in trouble with the City for tearing down the house without a permit. "Truth is stranger than fiction."
/

Delta haa new spout adapter that can be soldered on, screwed on via IPS threads or slip fit with a set screw.

Only problem is if you use a copper male adapter the threads are set so deep in their adapter it hits the wrench flats of the male adapter. There are mip afspters without wrench flats that would remedy this.
But for you plumbers, be aware of this.
A2A99468-948A-4B4B-9CF3-7B73342C6FEE.jpeg85F7C346-266C-44F1-A974-A5620220CF29.jpeg
I had another type that worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Could you file down the peaks of the flats, in a pinch?
Lots of work, but just wondering.
Sure. Like you said, too much work. Plus I posted so you won’t have to do that !!!!!

I sent my helper down to the truck and robbed the adapter off another delta spout on the van.

I couldn't resist adding this story; my Father swore this was true.
Back in the late 1940's, he owned a small frame house he leased out, a few blocks from our house in South Philly. One day he went to collect the rent, and found: NO HOUSE ! Just an empty lot. No, the neighbors were apparently deaf, dumb, and blind, they knew nothing. He never found the tenants, and to add insult to injury, a month or two later, he was in trouble with the City for tearing down the house without a permit. "Truth is stranger than fiction."
/
I'd believe it. People do crazy things sometimes. Reminds me of what happened to my late elderly friend's father. My friend was 89yrs old in 2012 so this happened a very long time ago.
Apparently there was a house his father agreed to sell someone. He was a trusting person. Handshake deal. Not sure if he ever handed over the deal, but they never paid him. However, they stole the house. As in, actually somehow picked it up and moved it. For some reason his father was never able to get it back. I think he died when my friend was 16. (He either died or became completely disabled-- can't remember which). Thing is, the house was visible from the freeway. When I drove him to VA appointments, he would point out the house as we passed it and remind us that it was his father's house that was stolen. It eventually fell apart and is no longer there.

You guys have it way to easy. When you dig here, there may be 1" or 3" of soil, then there is rock- small rocks, medium size rocks, large rocks, and after you dig for a while, rocks as big as your cars. When you dig a basement, someone will inevitably suggest dynamite. When you drive through this area and wonder why some houses have those rocks in your yard, it is from a sense of triumph. And when you prepare a footing for a concrete slab, there is no "loose soil" for shower stubs, we use limestone gravel.

Here you dig the footing into undisturbed soil and pour your footing., No freezing ground to worry about or rocks. People here buy rocks. Expensive too.

But I don’t do foundations unless there on my property.

3E40A239-D2EB-43CF-A278-566C299D2C0C.jpegKitchen remodel. Lavatory on opposite wall vent taking off vertically.

Last edited:
Bathtub to shower conversion. This job took 7 hours. Customer wanted it done quick. E497F5DF-78AF-44C2-9FEC-3004E479EEA5.jpeg

Gas leak on city side of gas meter. Caught this one while cleaning a tankless water heater. Smelled gas and it wasn’t the helper for once.
69E58E65-A43F-4BD4-9624-1EA5F221F44B.jpeg

Repairing a jetted tub. The jet itself broke and the pump was bad., Crappy new construction plumbers didn’t even seal the hole in the slab.
922405BC-D2D9-4B1C-8E5B-DBA053CA132E.jpeg
773B578E-8DE0-4A92-A3A9-DBAF6F467076.png
I don’t patch drywall but I told the guy I would put the piece I cut out back into the hole and caulk it up.
05D43286-CC72-4699-9F90-68DB83456D80.jpeg

Last edited:
Wad of wet wipes out of the sewage pump I installed just 3 weeks prior.

The owner had a party with 200+ people. Someone threw up in the bathroom and they cleaned it up with wet wipes.

I have a $400 minimum to work on a sewage pump.
A143305C-47AF-41B7-BBBD-33ED877E9C7C.jpeg

You might smell poop but it smells like money to me.
8BC2CAE1-9788-450B-84CC-3D2E860E0904.jpeg
Sewer backing up and out of a yard cleanout.

I like this AO smith cheap I water filter housing. Has stainless inserts. A Lowe’s special 🤣

I have it installed outside at my house. Works great.82433187-F779-4DC0-B48A-EAD71698BF07.jpeg

This guy called me and asked if the faucet would unscrew.,

I told him no.

He tried it anyway. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

380A1BC4-CD3D-4998-AEA2-04BE3F8F0B39.jpeg
Total idiot. Cost him $400

Latest posts

Back