Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krohler (🤣✌️) shower system. This piece of dog crap uses a $300 or $400 solenoid to stop a dripping faucet. 🤡
Couldn’t give one to me.,
EC252BB5-1C67-4712-8E82-481281A0D2FE.jpeg

So I have a washing machine in my back room and I relocated my water heater and ran the pipes along the wall and had a handyman build a cool box over the pipes to cover them.

Wasn’t that a great idea ? Plumbing is so easy.
9B700CCD-DD23-44DF-B586-78725045DFED.jpeg

Zanne, I’m kidding about the pic above. It was a horrible idea.

They built a box over it and showed up on the job and had to locate where in the home the water heater use to be.

This install was illegal and the house was being sold. I found where the old heater was located at one time and installed a new water heater at that location. The work in the pic above was all ripped out and discontinued.

It hurt the handyman’s feelings, he was proud of his box that he built. Is not in the pic, I had already ripped it down.

I'd believe it. People do crazy things sometimes. Reminds me of what happened to my late elderly friend's father. My friend was 89yrs old in 2012 so this happened a very long time ago.
Apparently there was a house his father agreed to sell someone. He was a trusting person. Handshake deal. Not sure if he ever handed over the deal, but they never paid him. However, they stole the house. As in, actually somehow picked it up and moved it. For some reason his father was never able to get it back. I think he died when my friend was 16. (He either died or became completely disabled-- can't remember which). Thing is, the house was visible from the freeway. When I drove him to VA appointments, he would point out the house as we passed it and remind us that it was his father's house that was stolen. It eventually fell apart and is no longer there.

Wow. Thanks for sharing that unique experience. I never could have imagined that scenario would unfold in one’s life like that.

Leaking water heaters in the attic. The owner wants them replaced “ but doesn’t want to spend too much “

Heres a pic of the electric 40. And there’s a 50 gas up there in the attic too.
It’s leaking also.
7BAE74C5-BF0C-4FCD-869F-BF79045DB8B0.jpeg
Here’s the 50
58FE4E3B-7E78-4D51-98F7-FA2C687614FE.jpeg

To get to these two heaters you must walk up these steps. 49AAD944-4A73-4AB1-99BF-A7507E1E70AE.jpeg
Then at the end of this hallway is a 24” pull down ladder Thats manufactured out of 1x4 pine.
4E3B24E3-2651-4C2C-A77B-85085FEBDF23.jpeg
You can se it between the two lights in the ceiling.

That compartment for the ladder is larger than the one to my attic space. LOL. Is it just me, or does that water heater not have shutoffs?

matt, sadly, it's not so unique where I live to have homes stolen. There are a lot of mobile homes in the area and people will steal them. Another anecdote which I will preface with a little info: My father worked in USINS and we lived in California back in the 70s & early 80s. One day the police sent my father a recording of a call to police dispatch from one of his co-workers. The guy was calling in asking for assistance and backup because he was perusing a vehicle towing a stolen boat and trailer going down x road at x speed in x direction- read license plate number of the trailer. Dispatch asks "How do you know it's stolen?" Coworker: "IT'S MY BOAT!" He'd been driving home and someone was pulling out of his driveway in a truck with his trailer and boat hitched to it. Immediately turned around and began pursuit. Apparently the way he said it all made it funny because everyone was laughing about it.

Saw this on FB and had a laugh.
1615510173092.png
This is the top of my water heater. No shutoffs and power cable going in is very thick and has some sort of paper wrapped around it. Old wiring. I think aluminium?
20150808_222805.jpg

And check out the reduction in the t&p line. I have the proper sized fitting that I plan to put in soon though. Trying to figure out the best way to remove that thing and best way to attach the new t&p line-- which is plastic and designed specifically for water heaters. Has 1 male threaded end.
waterheatert&p.jpg

Is this job being inspected or not ? I’m about to order a vent......
69033645-740F-4697-A87C-B1C5518E7E7C.jpeg
These same people have type R copper tube too.😉

Do you find water heaters in attic space often?? Maybe there should be cattle tubs under each with a water alarm.

I saw a waterlogged ceiling tile in an office suddenly burst through one time. The plumbers had run PVC line across the metal grid for the tiles, so each time the water line was used, where there was minor movement from the change in pressure, it rubbed until it wore through.

Do you find water heaters in attic space often?? Maybe there should be cattle tubs under each with a water alarm.

I saw a waterlogged ceiling tile in an office suddenly burst through one time. The plumbers had run PVC line across the metal grid for the tiles, so each time the water line was used, where there was minor movement from the change in pressure, it rubbed until it wore through.

There are thousands of water heaters in attics all along the gulf coast. Yes, I find them regularly. So regular I ask everyone where their heater is located if they call about one.

I find them sitting in dirt crawlspace too and the pipes and wiring are up into the joists.

They’ll use pex and pipe and wire it laying on its side, then flip it up right. 🤷‍♂️🤡

Latest posts

Back