Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An $8 steak? What you smoking?
Went to take a 90 year old friend for a steak last week. Both local steak houses are now closed. Even the local supermarkets do not sell Rib Eye, but did see a small Rib Eye at Sam's Club for $16 a pound. Nope, I won't pay it.

An $8 steak? What you smoking?
Went to take a 90 year old friend for a steak last week. Both local steak houses are now closed. Even the local supermarkets do not sell Rib Eye, but did see a small Rib Eye at Sam's Club for $16 a pound. Nope, I won't pay it.

You don’t have a Waffle House ? $8-9 steak. Cheap.....

Where you located ? Ah.....Southern California. I’m in The south.

LOL. I love the idea of the recessed storage. Don't even need to buy a shelf. Could just get some 1x4s, some molding, some glue, and some brad nails. The part for the trash is just some sort of holder for a bag and the door opens up like a regular cabinet door. It's so stupidly simple. They did have options for magazine racks too. Using little spindles. Could probably get everything you need to make it for under $50 (at least, that was Spicoli's assessment on the houserepairtalk forum). He also said they were smoking serious crack with that price. I agree. And $721 was the base price. That particular one was like $760+
I'm already designing my own recessed tp holder for a lot less. Got the frame/trim for $1 already. I can use scrap wood for a lot of it.
Purty awesome, Zanne. Post pics!

You mean the Waffle House has steaks? Man, I haven't seen a Waffle House since I went to Tennessee and Louisiana!
steak and eggs with steamed hashbrowns smothered and covered.

I use to workout and go eat that until I couldn’t eat anymore. They would see me pull into parking lot and start cooking it.

Danny, this is my concept thus far (sans the roller to hold the tp). The frame I got means it has to be wider than a tp roller extends so I will have to build it up with scrap wood inside for just the roller part but underneath it can be a shelf for wet wipes, phones, etc. It will be set in a vanity since there is not enough wall space between the vanity and toilet.
1621862354747.png

Speaking of steaks, we went to Black Angus for Mom's birthday one year and she got a $50 steak. Sad thing is, we could have bought the meat from Walmart and gotten a better steak. It wasn't cooked evenly & it wasn't seasoned. Total waste of $. Although, it wasn't as bad as the steaks at Applebees that were so full of gristle we couldn't even cut them or chew them. They were cooked fine, but the meat was bad. I told the waiter they needed to send someone over to Kroger (which was just across from the restaurant) and get some decent meat.

I haven't seen any Waffle Houses around here- and I'm in Louisiana. But, I'm in the BFE part of Louisiana so there are not a lot of businesses.

Well, this put a stop to our plans of working on the plumbing...
snakepex5-25-2021.jpg

I wish we'd gotten better pics, but it wasn't really safe to. We were busy trying to catch it and behead it. I've got some people on alert that will come get it if I see it again.

I didn't even get my adrenaline up. I was like "Oh, a pretty snake." LOL. But I knew it was venomous so it wasn't safe to go under. I've never had a fear of snakes for some reason. Maybe I get it from my paternal grandmother. She had a small pet snake she wore on her wrist like a bracelet. She was a teacher & it would freak out the other school teachers-- which I believe she found amusing. My dad and his siblings were raised to appreciate all sorts of animals. My dad even had a pet bat as a kid.

I didn't even get my adrenaline up. I was like "Oh, a pretty snake." LOL. But I knew it was venomous so it wasn't safe to go under. I've never had a fear of snakes for some reason. Maybe I get it from my paternal grandmother. She had a small pet snake she wore on her wrist like a bracelet. She was a teacher & it would freak out the other school teachers-- which I believe she found amusing. My dad and his siblings were raised to appreciate all sorts of animals. My dad even had a pet bat as a kid.
Her pet snake was probably a garter snake.
They will wrap around your wrist and stay for awhile, if you are gentle with them.
We used to play with them as kids, and feed them bugs.
Very slightly venomous, but will only bite if really bothered.
And they don’t strike like a rattler, they have to chew to spread their venom, so no real danger.

Your grandmother sounds like someone who understands the value of nature, with a bit of humor. I kept a garter snake in a terrarium once, a hognose and a few others, for short times, usually non-poisonous, except the first one that I accidentally caught in a minnow trap. Bullsnakes are different, non-poisonous, but keep those away please! I've seen one that was banana yellow. They are aggressive, and they imitate a rattler by getting close to a surface and rattling it with their tale.

Jeff, I think my dad said it was a garter snake but I can't remember for certain. Feeding bugs to a snake is something I would have done as a kid. I had a "pet" spider in my barn. Lived in a hole in a support beam and had webbing all around the hole. I would catch bugs and stick them to the webbing close to the hole and watch the spider come out and grab them. Sometimes I would watch the spiders wrapping bugs up. Took awhile but was fascinating to me.
PerplexedPlumber, I think my dad said she had a very good sense of humor. From some of the writing I've seen, his father had a good sense of humor too. My grandfather was 44 and grandmother was 43 when my dad was born. Grandfather died when dad was 17 and my grandmother died when I was maybe 8 or 9. I met my grandmother only a couple of times (as she lived on the other side of the country) and don't have too much memory of her. I remember she gave us gifts and was very sweet.
I definitely get my love of animals from my dad's side of the family.

Ahh, spiders! There are always some of those in the deep, dark plumbing caves. During the summer, we shine a light behind the garden spider's web, usually on the porch, to draw bugs. And then there are the jumping spiders. They show up, move in and perch on the monitor, looking at me as if they are a bit hungry.

So long as they aren't crawling on me and aren't dangerous, I don't mind them (don't like black widows and brown recluses). I had a little tiny cute green spider jump on my finger for a second and then jump right off. It was adorable.

Would it be bad form to call a plumber out to finish the plumbing under my house if I forewarned them that we saw a rattlesnake there? I mean, I suspect they might refuse the job if I tell them, but I am not the type of person who would not warn them. I really need to get hot water running again. I'd do it myself if I wasn't too fat to fit through some of the spaces.

Latest posts

Back