Pull down kit faucet, needs repair/Model/brand unknown

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Requiem228

Reaction score
Pull down kitchen faucet is leaking out of the cold side, where the braided part of supply meets stainless collar, above where compression nut is. See pictures. No brand stamps found. Looking to atleast get brand info.
Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20201216_150822.jpg
    20201216_150822.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201216_144423.jpg
    20201216_144423.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20201216_150808.jpg
    20201216_150808.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20201216_150801.jpg
    20201216_150801.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20201216_150816.jpg
    20201216_150816.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Your description of the leak makes no sense to me.

Meanwhile, it kind of looks like Delta.

Sorry if my explanation was crap. Here is a picture of what I mean.

Attachments

• 20201216_175147.jpg
    20201216_175147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201216_175147.jpg
    20201216_175147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Water that you see leaking there is often actually leaking from higher up, at the faucet or from the sprayer connections.

Is that braided supply hose a permanent part of the faucet?

Or is it an extension hose?

If it is permanent, you are probably looking at buying a new faucet.

Now you know why you keep all your manuals, and ask for manuals when you buy a house.

Check for a leak somewhere else.

And post a wider angle pic of the leak, correct side up.

Maybe the valve is leaking?

Water that you see leaking there is often actually leaking from higher up, at the faucet or from the sprayer connections.

Is that braided supply hose a permanent part of the faucet? - Yes

Or is it an extension hose?

If it is permanent, you are probably looking at buying a new faucet. - Permanent

Now you know why you keep all your manuals, and ask for manuals when you buy a house. - Not my house.

Check for a leak somewhere else. - Everything else dry.

And post a wider angle pic of the leak, correct side up.

Maybe the valve is leaking? - See above.

My goal is to atleast get brand, so I can contact manufacturer and see my options. In my experience, they are usually happy to replace, or send parts free.

My goal is to at least have you respond to my questions, and to post a better pic of the valve as requested.

The picture of the valve is correct. A 1/2 inch 1/4 turn was installed onto the existing valve as a quick fix for an UNRELATED issue.

Thus the supply is going in sideways.

None of this is relevant, as stated in my initial post I just am hoping to find someone that may recognize the faucet, as there is no stamp in the usual areas.

I'm not sure where the sarcasm is coming from. I'm merely seeking help.

Did I **** in your cheerios?

If you pop that little hot/cold button off the handle, there should be a set screw under there.
Loosen that, then pull the handle off, which will show more of the valve underneath, which will help identify brand of faucet.

If you pop that little hot/cold button off the handle, there should be a set screw under there.
Loosen that, then pull the handle off, which will show more of the valve underneath, which will help identify brand of faucet.

Yes, I considered that the cartridge may have some info on it, leading me to what I need. Just have to find my Allen key set.
Though that may only get me so far, as I know brands use the same cartridges for various models.
Either way, good thought.

Correct, it would not tell you which exact model.
But people on here might recognize the valve by shape.
I am still thinking Delta, with the handle off it will be evident.
If the brand is nailed down, you can email a pic to their cust svc to ID it, or scour their website for lookalikes.

Correct, it would not tell you which exact model.
But people on here might recognize the valve by shape.
I am still thinking Delta, with the handle off it will be evident.
If the brand is nailed down, you can email a pic to their cust svc to ID it, or scour their website for lookalikes.
👍👍👍👍

Latest posts

Back