Pressure issue?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepayne

Reaction score
I have noticed that in the morning — after showering upstairs — the kitchen faucet downstairs sometimes needs a minute or two before water will start flowing. When the kitchen faucet eventually starts running, it starts with a bit of a burst of pressure before running normally. To put it simply, it seems like the pressure running upstairs causes a delay in the water flow downstairs. The kitchen sink is also right below the shower upstairs if that helps.

Also worth noting that our pressure regulator is less than a year old.

Would very much appreciate any insight on this issue and way to fix. Thank you!

Copper piping? Or old galvanized steel piping? Why did you have a pressure regulator installed a year ago? Any pictures or videos?
Gonna need more info I think, but I do like a challenge...

we purchased the home a year ago, and the pressure was very high so a new regulator was recommended.

Copper piping? Or old galvanized steel piping? Why did you have a pressure regulator installed a year ago? Any pictures or videos?
Gonna need more info I think, but I do like a challenge...

we purchased the home a year ago, and the pressure was very high so a new regulator was recommended.

Back