New Sink and Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't a "No-Hub Coupling" a rubber coupling help together with clamps? Why can't I Glue in a PVC coupling?

Looks like turning the whole drain should allow it to connect. Seems like the easiest route to take.

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_143047634.jpg
    IMG_20201208_143047634.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
You can cut out the old tee and glue in a new one.

You will need to carefully dry fit it first, to figure out the exact angle it needs to be turned, before gluing.

You can mark the angle on the tee and pipe stubs with lines from a Sharpie.

No hubs just give you the luxury of adjustment.

Just so you know, the trap arm for your washing machine drain is NOT long enough. It's a crown vent & water will be siphoned out of the trap & allow sewer gases to come up.
You can do a different configuration where you get a tailpiece with a diagonal upward branch for the dishwasher. Would love to see pics of how you got it installed.

Just so you know, the trap arm for your washing machine drain is NOT long enough. It's a crown vent & water will be siphoned out of the trap & allow sewer gases to come up.
You can do a different configuration where you get a tailpiece with a diagonal upward branch for the dishwasher. Would love to see pics of how you got it installed.
IMG_20201208_232942060.jpgIMG_20201208_232949508.jpg

How is the trap arm for my dishwasher drain is NOT long enough? How long does it have to be?

It's a dishwasher I think.

The way you have it will work just fine. The only wrong thing was the band that you used. Should have been a
shielded band. If your not having anything inspected then let it go and enjoy your new sink.

I have seen and owned much worse, haha.

Looks like you removed that goofy white caulking at the backsplash, good choice.
Don’t leave that gap open too long, or the substrate can suck up water and distort.

Back