New Sink and Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickwhoo

Reaction score
I ordered a new Sink and Faucet and my issue might be where the drain connects. My current sink is a double 33"x22" and the new one is single large tub. The drains on my current sink are in the middle of each tub. The new single tub has the drain towards the rear. I hope I can simple cut the pipe from the shorter to connect it to the new sink.612We1wkTqL._AC_SL1200_.jpg818SdWLcPlL._AC_SL1500_.jpgIMG_20201206_101823998.jpg

Yeah, those rear positions for drains are a pain.
It might require you to cut the existing tee out and use (1-1/2 ?)" no-hub coupling(s) to swing the direction of the tee.
FYI, kitchen drain code size is 2" after 1-1/2" trap arm. Does not look like you have that.

Looks like a strange setup.
Your drain tee etc is all in the cabinet, not behind the wall.
So it is already very far forward.
Maybe you can make that new center rear sink drain work if you rotate the tee left or right?

What is up with where the dishwasher drain is connected to?

EDIT Sorry breplum, I stopped for a piss before hitting Save on my post, haha!

This sink is an island set up. The pipes coming from the sink drains are 1 1/2 and go to 2" for draining. I have an AAV in here too as seen in pic.IMG_20201206_153114579.jpg

Ok so you will need to offset the vent because you need a minimum of 3" trap arm or it creates a crown vent. You could accomplish this by running the trap arm sideways or diagonally to a sanitary tee, going up as far as you can for the AAV (the higher the better so long as you can access it to swap it out) and then have some bends to get the part under the tee to go down to the drain.

Sink in an island was very important info, now we know.

What about that dishwasher hose connection?
Is there a high loop?
What is it draining into?

Not your original issue, but just looks weird.

Sink in an island was very important info, now we know.

What about that dishwasher hose connection?
Is there a high loop?
What is it draining into?

Not your original issue, but just looks weird.
The dishwasher hose has a high loop behind it and drain hose connects under the sink drain via another trap under the sink one.

If anyone has any ideas, can you show me or draw them out for me to make this work. The sink will be delivered today and I need to make this work.

I'm also trying to come up with something to use under the sink to reinforce where the faucet mounts. My new faucet is very tall and heavy. The new sink is 18g SS and it says it weighs 41.3lbs... That sounds heavy to me for a SS sink.

It depends how thick your counter top is.

You could just cut some scrap plywood and drill holes as needed.

Might end up too thick to mount.

If your sink cutout leaves the area under the faucet hole open, you can add plywood, metal, pvc trim board under it, to stiffen that area.

If the cutout leaves the faucet hole over the counter top, then the sandwich of faucet sink counter top is getting pretty thick, might be hard to add anything except a rectangular piece of steel, with a hole drilled of course.

The sink arrived this morning!!! Can't wait to install it. It came in a heavy duty box with wood and styrofoam surrounding it. Nice safe packaging!

Eliminate top trap?
How and why?

The same advice stands, rotate the tee hard left or right.
That will pull the J bend way back, so it can move under the new sink drain.

Adjust insertion depth of trap arm in or out for fine tuning of placement.

Attach a tailpiece extension to reach the trap.

Latest posts

Back