New Family Member!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRad704

Moderation
Reaction score
Since Chloe seems to be bored during the day while we are working, my wife and I decided to passively look for another dog. I wanted something big, she wanted something medium sized, and we ended up with a purebred American Bulldog. :)

Kind of a sad story, but the sister of the wife of a friends of my father-in-laws had a stroke, and cant take care of herself anymore, much less a 2yo bulldog (that just farted while I am typing this...) so we drove 1hr30min from Cordova, TN to Wynne, AR to pick her up. Her name is Kylie, or just Kye, and after just 1 night adjusting to a new home, she's been great! stays with me, even going from the jeep to the house, and knows when she needs to go outside...

2010-04-19%2009.21.39.jpg

2010-04-19%2009.46.39.jpg

And a pic of Chloe because she is jealous that i am posting about another dog....
2010-04-19%2009.47.12.jpg

Thats a cool new dog Brad, I have a couple of Black labs that are the best thing ever.

Woohoo I am hitting post count 300. Here are a pic of my dogs, one is a pure bread and the other is a mix I wouldn't give them up for anything.

0316001853.jpg

even 1 year ago, I was saying I did NOT want a dog... now, they are MY dogs and everyone else just gets to live with them too... :D

2010-04-19%2011.08.32.jpg

Thanks, but shouldnt you be drunk on a beach somewhere right now?

They both just got a bath and decided to crash again..
2010-04-19%2013.44.51.jpg

2010-04-19%2013.45.06.jpg

Nice Brad. I had to look up "American Bulldog" having not heard the new moniker for Pitt Bull. I know why they get a bad reputation but that guy there looks friendly.

Nice Brad. I had to look up "American Bulldog" having not heard the new moniker for Pitt Bull. I know why they get a bad reputation but that guy there looks friendly.

She is friendly, and American Bulldogs are not in any way "pit bulls"... Pit bull is a slang phrase used for 3 breeds of Terrier... From Wikipedia " American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and dogs with significant mixes of these breeds"

I had some lady at my daughter's school today trying to tell me that "she's got some pitbull in her"... and I said "no ma'am, she's not any part pit, both her parents were registered American Bulldogs"... and her response was "yeah, but she's got some pit in her"... If that lady hadnt been about 75yo and standing in a church parking lot, I prally would have continued the conversation, but instead, I just said "ok, have a good day" and loaded up while she was still talking...

Thankfully, Kylie's parents were both registered Standard American Bulldogs with UKC, but since she is fixed, I have no need to register her...

As different as they are, we weighed both the other morning, and Kye is 50lb and Chloe is 63lbs...

Back