Need to figurebut don't know what model. Does it matter? out which moen I need .....

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAnthony203

Reaction score
I'm replacing the cartridge in my tub faucet. I know it's a moen but do not know the model. Does it matter? I've owned the home for 11 yrs. It was here before that but don't know much beyond that.

Moen has 2 single lever cartridges.

If it's one you pull the handle out to turn water on, you want a 1225B.

If you just turn the handle left to turn water on, you want a 1222B.

If it's 2 handle, I be,dive they only had the one style for showers.

Thanks! I need to make sure I get the right part and taking out this cartridge properly. Never done it before.

20160219_183213.jpg

20160219_183045.jpg

20160219_183159.jpg

I'm at menards they have a moen & a danco 1225 but not the 1225B. Dude said It'll work.

Last edited:
It will be okay. the other cartridge is a positemp and a lot bigger. Moen and
Danco are like a Chevrolet is to General Motors. or Hardee hamburger is to Carl's Jr

So I got it all installed but I'm having some issues. The handle rotates 360,the washer that goes onto the cartridge will not sit inside the plastic tabs (if that matters). I followed this video to the letter.
https://youtu.be/9kTPbg5XmfE

I guess it's all fine. Everything seems to be working properly and most importantly no leaks. So now on to the Replace my Kitchen Sink Strainer. Starting to feel like a handyman! Thanks guys!

That was a very good youtube video you posted to help you, provided you muted that music. It was horrible!

Nice video.
Videos are hard to make that include everything you need to know.
He covered a lot of details.
He had some pretty nice fingernails.
That background music though !!! I think I'm going to need therapy.

only a few plastic cores come out that easy.
the core will turn 360 in the valve. The horseshoe clip is to properly align the core and also to make sure you have it pushed all the way into place.

Latest posts

Back