Need some help.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know Mark. I'd never get away with that here.... You sure its not bio-diesel?

Chris, go find yourself a nice IDI and you'll be golden. A 12V Cummins would probably work too.... just something with mechanical injection...

Found this for ya Chris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 powerstrok
emd driver are you running wmo in a psd ?

I've run it in a 94, two 97's and a e99 with no problems.. Other than the PO of the 99 having run WVO. That has cost me 18 injectors so far...

The truck's PO replaced the first 8 injectors, with the second 8. When the second 8 started going bad, I replaced them with the third set of 8. Two of the third set of 8 have already gone bad on me. I'm thinking the third set of 8 injectors were not in the best shape, when I bought them. The problem wasn't the WVO, as much as it was me putting WMO in after the WVO had been used. The WMO mix cleaned out the WVO residue and the residue caused all the problems. The truck is running pretty good right now and the fuel pressure is holding. As of right now, the truck has 6 used injectors and 2 new ones in it. I bought a third new one, in case another used one craps out on me.

Last edited:
But I don't like popping the hood on my trucks unless I have to. On average it is around 100 degrees here all summer and it is no fun to be wrenching. My jeep has a V8 and Dana 60's now and it is to hot to finish up the little odds and ends. Or I am just lazy, one or the other.

More updates....

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MH5OzToBA8]Centerfuge completed, test run - YouTube[/ame]

But I don't like popping the hood on my trucks unless I have to. On average it is around 100 degrees here all summer and it is no fun to be wrenching. My jeep has a V8 and Dana 60's now and it is to hot to finish up the little odds and ends. Or I am just lazy, one or the other.

Don't Kid yourself. You are not Lazy.
I was going to say I'm the lazy one but I'm really not lazy.
I am just a PRO procrastinator.

Hey Otah how is the fuel making business holding up? My 6.0 has been running like a dream since I had the new trans put in. I am taking it to Nevada next week for a few days of fishing Lake Mohave.

I've been running straight diesel while i worked out the fuel system problems, which turned out to simply be leaks.

I have about 80 gal of oil that needs filtered. I'm going to try mixing it first so i dont have to heat it.

Harvest started yesterday....so we'll see when i have the time... :/

Back