Need some help.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otahyoni

Reaction score
I'm looking for a power steering pump to run as a high (85-90 psi) pressure oil pump. I'm trying to find one that doesn't have a built in oil reservoir so i can just hook lines up to it.

Anyone know what vehicles i should look at?

Check the specs on a pump out of a 92 jeep wrangler 4 cyl 4x4 they have a seperate external resevoir and if they put out the pressure I am sure it will work for you. Is this for your diesel or some other project?

If that doesn't work try checking out a small tractor supply house. I am not 100% on how those work but for a small enough tractor it could have one for the hydraulics.

It's going to power a centrifuge to filter oil i'm going to burn in my diesel.

I'm looking for something i can snag from the salvage yard if i can cause i'm already out money on the other pump i got...

Sweet take some pics of the final product. Are you doing this to run bio-fuel in your deisel? And if so is it worth it? I put about 1200 miles a week on my rig.

Hey.... I warned you, Phish..... :D

Chris, my goal is to mix used engine oil (WMO) with kerosene to get it to flow close to diesel. I'm hoping for about $1-1.25/gal fuel.

Now.... I'm running an 86 Ford diesel that is all mechanical. Personally i would be afraid to put it in a 'stroke. Especially one as new as yours.... If i end up wearing out my injection pump and injectors early i'm only out about $600. All i need it for them to last through about 500 gallons (8500 miles if i dont loose mpg, life with diesel is about 100k miles) then i'm still money ahead, including start-up costs...

Yeah I am scareds to run anything else through mine, I was just curious.

Believe me, I heeded the warning and have never clicked on that thread.

I have a '99 Chevy with the 6.5 turbo in it, I believe it was the last year before they came out with the DuraMax. Anyway, it isn't running right now, but I might have a need for it sometime in the future. If it were cheaper, and I could claim to be using recycled or otherwise green fuel in it, might not be a bad idea.

Theres many options, but some require a lot of work or special mods.

Bio-diesel requires some harsh chemicals and a lot of work. Waste veggie oil has to be hot for the engine to run on it....

^ This guy is a genius....One day we will hear about Otahyoni in our history books about the man who solved the food grade oil abundance.

I'm going to run waste motor oil, not veggie oil.
thumbs.gif

With WVO (waste veggie oil) you have to heat it and you also have to start and stop on diesel. I only have one tank on my truck right now...

I'm just happy i have a pump that actually works... It gets a little warm, but even at 100 psi it's humming right along...

I don't know much about food grade oil but a friend has a small processing plant in his garage and makes about 200 gallons a week for his small fleet of service trucks, and doesn't need diesel fuel at all. They stop and start purely on the food grade oil.

That is cool. I am a little jelous but don't have what it takes to put anything not deisel in my motor.

Back