Loud Buzzing noise from boiler

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rch316

Reaction score
I have an intermitent buzzing noise that is coming from my boiler. The sound is coming from behind the door panel in the vicinity of where the flame occurs. The only other electronics in this area is the gas control valve and the main control panel module. The sounds seems like it may be coming from the gas control valve itself. Has anyone seen this before or know what the problem may be? I took a video of sound and can be viewed below. It is a Weil-Mclain CGA-4 boiler that is 5 years old.

I don’t work on boilers.

If you’ve eliminated any fans, etc then I suppose it could be the gas valve or a regulator. Take the burner out and clean it. Get a stethoscope from Harbor Freight and listen to the gas control. 🤓

I don’t work on boilers.

If you’ve eliminated any fans, etc then I suppose it could be the gas valve or a regulator. Take the burner out and clean it. Get a stethoscope from Harbor Freight and listen to the gas control. 🤓
Ok thank you I will try listening with the stethoscope.

I have an intermitent buzzing noise that is coming from my boiler. The sound is coming from behind the door panel in the vicinity of where the flame occurs. The only other electronics in this area is the gas control valve and the main control panel module. The sounds seems like it may be coming from the gas control valve itself. Has anyone seen this before or know what the problem may be? I took a video of sound and can be viewed below. It is a Weil-Mclain CGA-4 boiler that is 5 years old.

it sounds like the gas pressure regulator for the burner.

Send that to Weil-McClain, their tech support is quite good. I agree with Johnjho2 though, it's clearly timed with the gas flow variations, I'd suggest turning off the unit and the gas until the problem is resolved. Good luck!

Back