LG Nipple

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember saying the solder joint. However, yes, you may twist the copper.
Good thing about the internet is you don’t have to remember, it’s right there forever.,

That’s why it’s important to be accurate.

But to be on topic , the point of the test was to demonstrate you really don’t have to be careful but just not stupid.

Private message me your address and I’ll send it to you.

I’ll send it USPS and mail it tomorrow.

Just tell me the exact length you need from end to end. You said 2.25” Verify and I’ll make it right now, all my stuffs out.

You’d have to try to break it to break it. No worries there.

Last edited:
The pipe failed at 55lbs of torque. And that’s type m.

That’s very very tight, grunting with both hands channel locks tight while the fitting is held in a vise .

I made you one 2 1/4”.

Last edited:
Curious, how many pounds of torque do you think the average man has with his dominant hand?

I’m not sure. You’d have to specify what length wrench and how you positioned yourself. With mechanical advantages you are capable of tremendous torque.

My point is that if you use normal tools to assemble the copper nipple that it will not break.

If you use a 18” cheater bar and turn it until you think it’s Tight then it’s probably going to twist it off.

Just tell me the exact length you need from end to end. You said 2.25” Verify and I’ll make it right now, all my stuffs out.

Hi Twowax

Sorry, out doing some chores. My septic field is either dead or the lateral lines are clogged and I am pumping out the clear groundwater. Had water back flowing into septic tank causing siphoning in the toilets. Water levels have gone down now and no problems inside, but have to continually dig the hole deeper until my friend with a bobcat can dig and check out the system.

I clicked on your name on left but no private message choice available.

Can't believe that you are willing to do that, totally amazed.
Please indicate your total cost and I will remit check ( it's only fair)

Hi Twowax

Sorry, out doing some chores. My septic field is either dead or the lateral lines are clogged and I am pumping out the clear groundwater. Had water back flowing into septic tank causing siphoning in the toilets. Water levels have gone down now and no problems inside, but have to continually dig the hole deeper until my friend with a bobcat can dig and check out the system.

I clicked on your name on left but no private message choice available.

Can't believe that you are willing to do that, totally amazed.
Please indicate your total cost and I will remit check ( it's only fair)

I don’t want money. Buy a homeless guy some food snd give it to him. Tell him it’s a gift from God.

I’m serious....

Anyway, send your address and I’ll drop this in the mail tomorrow.,

Some of your posts aren’t coming through....

Edit your post and save it. I have your info.

Two wax

I read the threads every day, just for information and curiosity. I enjoy the occasional bantering you have with your fellow forum members. I am already feeling like I know you guys and we are all just sitting around a coffee shop shooting the bull.
You really go out of your way to help people out. I can tell that you only do a job one way, and that's to the best of your ability and then some.

I will pass on your generosity somehow. We all live on this big ball together, and we all need help now and then. Never too late to learn.

Bless you,
Jeff

Two wax

I read the threads every day, just for information and curiosity. I enjoy the occasional bantering you have with your fellow forum members. I am already feeling like I know you guys and we are all just sitting around a coffee shop shooting the bull.
You really go out of your way to help people out. I can tell that you only do a job one way, and that's to the best of your ability and then some.

I will pass on your generosity somehow. We all live on this big ball together, and we all need help now and then. Never too late to learn.

Bless you,
Jeff
041D373F-2230-4F40-8801-6515B9D9AC51.jpeg

I went ahead and put the Teflon on properly for you. I’ll include a roll in your package. I have several cases of it.

Good thing about the internet is you don’t have to remember, it’s right there forever.,

That’s why it’s important to be accurate.

But to be on topic , the point of the test was to demonstrate you really don’t have to be careful but just not stupid.
[/QUOT
My point is it COULD be damaged. You must like hearing yourself talk.

The point here is to be helpful, share advice or info or experience.
Tips or insights or life lessons.
And to have fun, or joke around, tease each other, challenge, inspire, learn, stimulate discussion.
Not proving right or wrong, debate or argument is fine, minor leaguers sometimes hit home runs also.
If someone is a plumbing god, be a benevolent and merciful supreme being.
If a member attempts a reach that exceeds their grasp, at least they were trying, so many on this forum just lay in the weeds.

Here’s a hot tip.

If you’ve never done it, it might be best to read rather than chime in with an ignorant comment trying to cast shade. Shade being a keyword there...

If you’re not willing to give examples of experience or carry out demonstrations it’s best to take a seat and pay attention.

Where I came from and the men I learned from it wasn’t tolerated. You talked smack and couldn’t back it up you might end up on your back.

But on the Internet behind computer screens everyones an expert and some think Google replaces years of hands on field experience. It doesn’t.

Now it’s time for me to go to school......I have work to do.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and an even better weekend.

Indeed ...... He's like the second cousin I never had.

Right on.
Kind of like a neighbor I had from 1954-1960. I grew up without a dad and this US Marine, WWII fighter pilot, would help us kids out with broken this, problems there, whatever, he was our go-to guy. Most likely he had serious PTSD, but never mumbled a clue. Whether welding my bike pedal back on the sprocket arm for the umpteenth time, wrapping tape on baseballs that had the covers knocked off them, building me a soapbox derby car, making leather inserts to cover holes in the bottom of tennis shoes, substituting as a dad at a father and son sports banquet, showing me how to sneak under porches and poach coke bottles for the deposit money, he was always there. I grew up in the days when it wasn't just politically correct to say "it takes a village", neighbors just naturally took care of one another.

I'll quit now, but it's nice to remember that there was such a time. Nothing worse than an aging guy acting out.

Latest posts

Back