Lense VFD M3220B failed within 2yrs of service

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaseme5

Reaction score
Hi, A while ago I left a post about a well system not able to build enough pressure. I just left it as is. A couple days ago the VFD completely failed. The fuses blew on the line in side. I belive the rectifier failed. Same problem as before. The system does have a line reactor installed. Why is this same problem reoccuring every 2 years?

Sorry but that is more the norm than the exception with a VFD. I have seen them last longer if they were installed in an air conditioned, lint free room, with lightning arrestors and surge protectors. But even then there is no guarantee it will last longer. VFD’s are made for the manufacturers to make more money with. Unfortunately that means more money comes out of your pocket. If you want something that will last, get rid of the VFD. You can get the same constant pressure and still use the small tank with a CSV. The CSV makes everything last longer, which is exactly why you won’t see the pump manufacturers suggesting them.

Our system is complicated. Our well pumps water into a 5000 gallon storage tank. The VFD dies not control the well pump but it controls a surface pump which transport the water. The well pump is not the issue. It is the surface pump controlled by the vfd.

There is nothing complicated about your set up. It is a standard water well feeding a cistern tank, with a repressure pump system going to the house. The reason the well pump is not an issue is that it does not have a VFD.

Latest posts

Back