Leaking Sillock

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User234

Reaction score
Hello. I have a leaking sillcock made by BK Mueller. I heard that if you take the stem out and seal the weep hole, it will stop leaking. I removed the inner stem and I can not remove the screw on the stem (see picture C, screw is not visible in picture).

I dont mind buying a new stem (BK Mueller 889-558 8 Inch Repair Kit-discontinued) but I can also not remove the chrome fittings (see picture B), because the non chrome fitting (see picture A) is "stuck". The chrome fittings can rotate but not move up or down.

I would replace the whole sillcock but when turning the whole assembly slightly, it also rotates. I think there is a copper to PVC connection back there but I can not get to it. Any suggestions? Thank you!!!!.

Attachments

• IMG_plumb1.jpg
    IMG_plumb1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_plumb2.jpg
    IMG_plumb2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Buy the whole shabang and use what you need from the new one. That is if you can't buy the pieces you need.

Like jg plumbing mentioned try that or try replacing the o-rings if there is no washer to replace, those maybe your water seal,and over time they flatten out

Thanks everyone.

Any idea how to remove the chrome fittings to reuse if I am able to purchase a replacement stem?

The advise was to purchase a whole new one and use the parts off of it so that you don't need to remove the "chrome" part.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back