Kitchen Sink Faucet Removal Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvanR001

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to remove a Faucet for my Kitchen Sink and I've ran into a snag. I live in a Modular Home this is the original sink from my understand that was built with the house. From what it looks like, I can't seem to find any mounting screws on the top or bottom of the Faucet. The pictures show what the bottom of the faucet looks like. Can I get some advice as to how to tackle this?

Thanks!

20201110_113702.jpg20201110_113709.jpg20201110_113715.jpg

Often the mfr of the faucet includes a nut driver tool to aid in addressing that nut.
Without a special tool, those nuts are all hell to remove.

The two soft copper pipes that go up through that C clamp can be folded tightly against the clamp, in opposite directions from each other.

This will create a flat pinch spot. Then you can fold each one back and forth until it breaks off.

Then they will be gone and out of your way.

Giving better access to get a wrench on that nut, which should have been already sprayed with a penetrating oil by now.

You can also snip off the copper stubs if they are still in your way, or mangle them out of your way with vice grip pliers.

Remove those copper tubes like Jeff said and then you can use a basin wrench to get that nut off.

Latest posts

Back