Jacuzzi tub caused water leak in the floor downstairs

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmupatriot

Reaction score
Hello members,

I have an issue and was wondering where to start looking. I recently bought a home and the master bath has a jacuzzi tub. The tub has been used two or three times till now with no problems until I switched on the jacuzzi for the first time. Downstairs, I saw a pool of water on the kitchen floor and in the pantry which is directly below the tub and the master bath. It was about 4 big glasses of water or roughly thereof. What was surprising is that I didn't see any leaking water droplets from the ceiling above but the pantry walls were slightly damp. The kitchen adjoins the garage which is also under the master bath upstairs and did see a water stain on the roof close to the common wall between the kitchen and the garage. In the bathtub itself, when I switched the jaccuzzi on , there was a slight dirt coming in from the jet holes and it caused like the walls of the tub to become brown like some sort of residue. I am not sure where to start looking , wanted to get some advice.

Thank you

Back