Is this a valid method for plumbing a dual kitchen sink?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikieboyblue

Reaction score
I have to actually replace this because it back slopes toward the sink and I need to make sure the drain wasn't compromised by whomever or whatever caused that extensive stud decay / charing.

Is using a why like this legit under IPC or UPC?

20210907_141323.jpg

Thanks!
Mike

PS. Yes I realize you shouldn't drill through the king and trim studs in a load bearing wall and under a window, but it was already like this. The holes are virtually notching the 2x4. I will probably try to sure up the damaged one.

It use to be done like that in various places in the country. Some inspectors will still allow it. It works fine.

Is an alternative:

Trap adapter > trap arm > p trap > T > branch to each drain?

Or... P trap > combo wye > branch to each drain?

I think I have see a San T used instead of the combo wye.

96CFD48D-8FAB-4D4C-A277-A8D81097542B.jpeg

Very common here to find whats pictured above. You could replace the San tee with a combo or wye+1/8 bend (45)

Put a level on the face of that 90 turned out of the wall and let the bubble bump the line. You almost want it plumb, just a little rolled up is all.......not much at all.

Loosen your band and adjust as needed.

18 3/8 is pretty high for a center line. I am always at 15" or less. Undermount sinks,granite,extra deep bowls yada yada yada

You probably wont get a disposal in there at that height,gonna be close.

View attachment 31250

Very common here to find whats pictured above. You could replace the San tee with a combo or wye+1/8 bend (45)
I like the 2x1 1/2x 1 1/2 tee idea but you cant disassemble the p-trap. I used to use an 1 1/2 san tee like that but without a baffle in the tee I was getting complaints about food coming up in the other bowl occasionally. I cant discharge into disposal either. I like seeing work from other areas.interesting.

I like the 2x1 1/2x 1 1/2 tee idea but you cant disassemble the p-trap. I used to use an 1 1/2 san tee like that but without a baffle in the tee I was getting complaints about food coming up in the other bowl occasionally. I cant discharge into disposal either. I like seeing work from other areas.interesting.

Yeah, it’s permanent just how I like it. Never had any food shoot up onto the other sink with the 2x tee.

Theres a cleanout in the wall and if I need to clean the trap arm I just remove the left hand basket to run my cable.

Reactions: bbp
18 3/8 is pretty high for a center line. I am always at 15" or less. Undermount sinks,granite,extra deep bowls yada yada yada

Yeah, kinda working with what was already here. I actually dropped it a bit. It was at a crazy angle. I don't plan to put a disposal in (at least to start). This is am apartment.

16311444703695137471537197933258.jpg

Reactions: bbp
Back