Is my Waste and vent line correct?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branimal

Reaction score
Would like to get some opinions before I replace the subfloor.

- The wye is sloped slightly downwards from end of the ptrap to the end of the wye. Meaning the end of the ptrap is higher than the end of the wye. Is it supposed to be flat?

- I rolled the wye connection to the vent line

- The long drain run to the main stack is sloped ~1/4".

- The long run to the vent is sloped about ~1/2". Acceptable?

79afe129aa2f72fddd8a1d4700e7ca5c.jpg

-

What's the p-trap for that your mounting on a wall?

All your slopes and piping look good but they have changed the code for drainage waste and vent for a washing machine in the state of Florida. If you're going to be inspected check with your state code. The p-trap should go into a sanitary tee installed in the vent stack. Sorry don't mean it won't work. They just want the trap going into vent stack instead of directly into waste line.
Unlike tub, shower, floor drain traps. I assumed it for a washer cause it's up against a wall. You do good work just thought you should know the code. I don't know if it's the newer machines or what but Florida now has you running 2" into a 3x2x2 sanitary tee 3" to waste and a 2" vent. That is new work surely they won't make you change the old 2" to 3" that would be unreasonable and costly.
It won't take you much to tie your trap into your 2" vent. Check your state code first. I would say leave it like it is except if the new machines caused the new code change then you could have a problem.

Looks good. Can't tell exactly where your floor level is. All the cast iron isn't as rusty as the piece coming up from trap I hope.

Looks good. Can't tell exactly where your floor level is. All the cast iron isn't as rusty as the piece coming up from trap I hope.

Ray that rusty piece is just a place holder. I'll be cutting new pipe for that.

Ran a water test. No leaks in my copper sweat jobs or in the drain pipe leading to the main stack.

Thanks.

I should have known that was temporary since the rest looks so good. Do you have access to back of tub for waste tie in. Can't tell from pic but sure you do.

I should have known that was temporary since the rest looks so good. Do you have access to back of tub for waste tie in. Can't tell from pic but sure you do.

Great question... I'm guessing you mean the overflow? Yeah the tub will be 12 inches off the back wall. It's a free standing tub.

It's a center drain tub with a tub filler.

Latest posts

Back