Is Everbilt flush valve compatible in Kohler toilet tank?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom S

Reaction score
Replaced 2” flush valve with an Everbilt 2” flush valve. Still leaks into the bowl. Kohler says I have to use a Kohler brand valve.

Is this true?

BTW, I’ve also replaced the flapper, made the chain height the same as the one on the old long-functioning flapper, looked for hairline cracks. I’ve replaced everything in the tank but the lever arm.

Why is it still leaking?

Post a pic looking into the tank. Kohler reps are stupid.

If you used a fluidmaster ballcock the refill hose must be positioned above the water level in the tank.

Hot tip # 163 on page 6 of my new book.

“ Plumbing wiff TwoWaxHack “

These parts have been replaced: flush valve, fill valve, flapper.
Why is tank still draining into the bowl?image.jpg

First thing to do is replace the flapper.
Doesn’t matter if it’s new.

If that doesn’t work replace the flushvalve. Doesn’t matter if it’s new. New stuff can be defective.

It does not have to be a Kohler flushvalve, they lied to you, But I knew that before you posted the pic

The flushvalve must be tight to the tank. Water can leak between the tank and the flushvalves gasket. Sometimes it’ll leak on the floor if this happens, other times it’ll leak into the bowl.

Water can leak past the flapper.

Water can leak though a crack in the flushvalve tube.

Water can be siphoned by the ballcock by the refill. This is not your problem.

The above are the possible leak paths.

Fixed. Got a toothless wrench that tightened the flush valve nut better than the wrench I had.

Back