I’m not handy but I can make a great sandwich.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenRed

Reaction score
Hello 🙋‍♂️,
I want to install some shut off valves under the kitchen sink and have these fittings with pex to copper.
Looking for input on what I should use for shut off values?

thanks

Attachments

• 7BFA213F-023F-4ADD-AACE-774EB3C3B892.jpeg
    7BFA213F-023F-4ADD-AACE-774EB3C3B892.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
That’s either 1/2” or 3/8”’ SDR-9 pex.

Can you measure the diameter ?

Where do you want to put the shutoffs?

At the location shown in your pic, which looks like a union type of fitting?

Or do you want to splice them in lower down, which is what I would do.
With either a Sharkbite pex to pex shutoff, or use pex to pex crimp shutoff if you have the tool.

Where do you want to put the shutoffs?

At the location shown in your pic, which looks like a union type of fitting?

Or do you want to splice them in lower down, which is what I would do.
With either a Sharkbite pex to pex shutoff, or use pex to pex crimp shutoff if you have the tool.

The picture is showing a pex faucet adapter fitting. It transitions from pex to the faucet inlet.

I see these a lot in Manobloc type systems.

Manobloc systems can use 3/8” ID tube ran directly to each fixture. Each fixture has a cut off at the main manifold usually located in the garage, laundry room, etc.

No cut offs under the fixture.

That’s why I asked what size his pipe was.

The picture is showing a pex faucet adapter fitting. It transitions from pex to the faucet inlet.

I see these a lot in Manobloc type systems.

Manobloc systems can use 3/8” ID tube ran directly to each fixture. Each fixture has a cut off at the main manifold usually located in the garage, laundry room, etc.

No cut offs under the fixture.

That’s why I asked what size his pipe was.
The pex is 1/2, I assume since the fitting below is “1/2 pex” see image.

Attachments

• B72F6F6D-03FE-4F4A-B725-16D0A86198C5.jpeg
    B72F6F6D-03FE-4F4A-B725-16D0A86198C5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 815808B8-520C-40BC-BFA7-A1046F00409A.jpeg
    815808B8-520C-40BC-BFA7-A1046F00409A.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 11
You need a 1/2” pex x 3/8” od straight stop valve and a 3/8” x 12” faucet connector.

The valve can be crimp on with the ring or you can go push fit. I’d go crimp, but I’m also a pro and have the tools and experience.

Good luck to you sir.👍✌️

You need a 1/2” pex x 3/8” od straight stop valve and a 3/8” x 12” faucet connector.

The valve can be crimp on with the ring or you can go push fit. I’d go crimp, but I’m also a pro and have the tools and experience.

Good luck to you sir.
Thanks, I think I like Jeff’s idea of cutting the pex further down, any cons to doing that?

Attachments

• 268464CB-FD6D-472B-98E5-5EF55AFC51AF.jpeg
    268464CB-FD6D-472B-98E5-5EF55AFC51AF.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 12
I have no experience with Manoblock systems.
It sounds like they are set up like electrical systems, with home runs to a manifold with service stops, kind of like house wiring leading to a breaker box.

EDIT oops “ManaBloc”

Last edited:
I have no experience with Manoblock systems.
It sounds like they are set up like electrical systems, with home runs to a manifold with service stops, kind of like house wiring leading to a breaker box.
Exactly but worse. It would be like having a breaker for every outlet or light fixture. 😬

Sure, cut wherever you’d like, just get a long enough faucet flex line.
Can’t he just splice in a pex to pex straight stop, and leave the faucet supply connection as is?

But then, his next faucet might have different length of supply lines built in.

Back