Hydrojetting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgunner

Reaction score
I had a plumber come out to look over my partially clogged sump discharge line. He said that since it is a PVC line that it probably is not roots but a sediment build up. I have an appointment to have it hydrojetted by a large highly regarded company, not some fly by night handyman. . When I asked him how effective it would be he said it is 50-50 that it would work. I thought that hydrojetting was highly effective in removing debris from pipes. Your thoughts...

I’d use that blow up drain bladder ($20) I told you about before I called in a pro.

It depends on what’s causing the problem if jetting will work.

You need to get the blow up bladder into the 4” pipe. It has to make a water tight seal when it pressurizes against the blockage.

Hopefully it’s just a bunch of leaves or just dirt.

You could also try to attack the clog from the outlet, by using a drain cable. I don’t know how deep the line is, maybe you could locate the problem and then dig it up.

Wanted to give a belated reply to my Sump Pump drain issue. Had a plumber out who ran a camera down, and the drain line was almost completely blocked with sediment that had turned into a cement hard consistency. I had the line hydrojetted and it worked great removing all the crap back to bare PVC.

Ground water might be full
Of minerals and mixing with a little sand to make cement !

Latest posts

Back