How was your 4th?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Well what did you all do for the 4th?

I went to Havasu's place but nobody showed up so I drove my Jeep to Big Bear Lake and did some wheeling and took the boat out for the fireworks show. I am glad I had a slip on the lake or it would have taken me hours to get off the water. It was great except for all the drunks on the water. The next day my cousin asked me to borrow my boat for a couple hours to take his family out and I said sure. Well I got a call on Monday about 2pm saying that he is stuck in the middle of the lake and the boat wont start he said it just died on him. Two hours later he drifted into a private dock and couldn't flag anyone down for a tow so I had to rent a pontoon boat to go get my boat back. After an hour tow we made it back to my marina and put gas in my boat and it fired right up. I guess he ignored the four times I said you might want to toss some gas in before taking it out. He figured since I filled it up the day before it would be fine but he didn't know I was running the thing with 8 people on board for the whole day. Live and learn I guess, at least he didn't sink it.

Boy wouldn't you have been mad if he did....

Mine was ok i guess. Went to a cookout, then watched the city fireworks show. Took a ton of pictures, but most of them didn't turn out...

Went to Lake Tahoe, where we had reservations at 9 PM at Jake's on the Lake. We had a great dinner, with great wine, watching great fireworks over the water. The bad part was the bill was great as well. Oh well, you only go around once! ;)

I had a pretty good 4th.
Went to cut the grass that morning, ran out of gas half way done.
Got the the gas station forgot my wallet at home. On the way home hit a cow bird. When I finally made it home, went to fill the mower up with gas, and the rear tire was flat, well just the bottom was flat so it wasn't that big of a deal. While airing up the tire, the belt broke on the compressor. Got the tire back on and it started to rain. Finished mowing in the rain, and yes it stopped as soon as I was done.

Took the kids swimming, ages 4 and 5. While in the pool, my 4 year old little girl got stung by a bee, well that put a damper on swim time.
After we got the GIANT BEE STING (her words) out, all was well.

As I was starting the grill, the coals were just about right, then my not so bright dog thought it would be fun to run after a bird that was sitting on the fence, and yes the were words exchanged, but I dont think he cared what I had to say. While setting the grill back up, lets just say Im glad we have some aloe vera plants.

After dinner we were off to watch some fire works.
The town church puts on a big display every year. As we
got closer I could see the lot was full, so we decided to park across the street.
There were other cars there so we went to park beside a row of them.
(Remember the rain), well it was some-what dark. There was a small ditch I had to go through to park.
I thought if these other people can make it why not me.
So, away I went, through the ditch, and in the ditch I stayed.
There was a small road on the back side of the cars that all the other people used and I did not know about that road.

After it was over, we were pulled out of the ditch. There was lots of laughing, but I was strong, took my lumps and went home.

All in all I had a pretty good 4th.

Travis

But there isn't any smaller font...
pout.gif

Well then, it will have to do. :mad:

Latest posts

Back