How to connect 1 1/4 pvc stub out drain to p trap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mainimage

1¼ DWV Trap Adapter Female H x SJ w/Plastic Nut & Washer

Product ID: D104012
ASTM D-1784:Rigid Poly (Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly (Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Compounds.
Material:LASCO DWV Fittings are produced from PVC Type I Cell Classification 12454-B. PVC Fittings are listed by NSF. Product is certified to the Uniform Plumbing Code.
Size:
Carton Quantity:50
Code:07/B7
Pallet Quantity:7200
Cartons per Pallet:144
Layer Quantity:1200
ASTM D 2665:Poly (Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Plastic Drain Waste and Vent Pipe and Fittings.
ASTM D-3311:Drain Waste and Vent (DWV) Plastic Fittings Patterns

We sell them here in Virginia

Ive Never heard of anyone piping a new house lavatory arms or anything else with 1.25” pvc DWV that would call for that fitting.

Ask a few plumbers today is that common for your area. I’m curious what they’re using them for

Ive Never heard of anyone piping a new house lavatory arms or anything else with 1.25” pvc DWV that would call for that fitting.

Ask a few plumbers today is that common for your area. I’m curious what they’re using them for
I think it's more for remods that may have 1-1/4, I dunno. I have never seen it either. Sales on these are few and far between.

Thanks Shep for sending that link. Not very good at that on the computer only if I get a picture of it can
I send it. TW you are correct that they are only for repairs no a days. I haven't seen a lav piped in 1/1/4 either
as they pipe in 1 1/2 and then reduce it at the p-trap. This way you can use a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 p-trap.

I see old 1.25” copper lav arms but when they’re replaced 1.25” pvc wouldn’t fit through the holes drilled for the 1.25” copper. It’s a little bigger. Anyway, that’s been my observation.

it’s just odd to me. I’m glad to know the fitting is made. This is how I make my money, I like to know everything I can about it.

Latest posts

Back