How do I install a flush mount cleanout cap?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken M Ok

Reaction score
Hello. We just poured a new concrete patio that covers where two cleanouts were. There were two existing clean-outs in the yard (a 4" and a 3"). I coupled onto those, and glued 4" and a 3" pipes sticking up, which they poured around. Now, I want to cut those pipes flush with the concrete (or below), and somehow end up with a nice looking metal flush-mount cap. Something like one of these:
https://www.zoro.com/zurn-floor-cleanout-adjustable-pvc-sw-3x4-co2452-pvc/i/G5409308/

Is this possible? Should I have done something different before having the concrete poured? I definitely don't want to have to chip away any concrete at this point. I'm hoping I can use an inside pipe cutter to cut the pipe below the surface of the concrete, and use some glue-in solution like the above.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 9
It is definitely possible but now it is going to be more work. The clean out you have a link for as u can see is adjustable and should have been put in before the concrete was poured. Now the easiest way for you will be to find a clean out adapter that will slide inside the 4” pipe and use an inside cutter to cut the pipe below the concrete without having to bust any concrete.

Back