How do I install a flush mount cleanout cap?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken M Ok

Reaction score
Hello. We just poured a new concrete patio that covers where two cleanouts were. There were two existing clean-outs in the yard (a 4" and a 3"). I coupled onto those, and glued 4" and a 3" pipes sticking up, which they poured around. Now, I want to cut those pipes flush with the concrete (or below), and somehow end up with a nice looking metal flush-mount cap. Something like one of these:
https://www.zoro.com/zurn-floor-cleanout-adjustable-pvc-sw-3x4-co2452-pvc/i/G5409308/

Is this possible? Should I have done something different before having the concrete poured? I definitely don't want to have to chip away any concrete at this point. I'm hoping I can use an inside pipe cutter to cut the pipe below the surface of the concrete, and use some glue-in solution like the above.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 9
It is definitely possible but now it is going to be more work. The clean out you have a link for as u can see is adjustable and should have been put in before the concrete was poured. Now the easiest way for you will be to find a clean out adapter that will slide inside the 4” pipe and use an inside cutter to cut the pipe below the concrete without having to bust any concrete.

Latest posts

Back