Help on kitchen sink S trap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I prefer the catch more flies with honey approach. I got an electrical inspection on a house I bought. He wanted to come look at one thing outside (it's a little newer here.) Then he just asked me what I did on the basement and signed off.

I'm getting to where when I call sometimes they l sometimes they just sign off. Eventually they won't come.
Out inspectors actually Inspect. It’s kinda their job.

Do U guys have to have every job inspected ?
Man plumbers here do jobs all the time like replacing sinks, toilets , baths etc
They never have to have them inspected

Don't get me started. Our whole system here is messed up. The things I'd like them to enforce they don't. The things they care about they enforce.

Service plumbing no generally. It's getting new service started, or stopped and started when they get curious.

Sometimes homeowners want things signed off on. Or rental inspectors for the city are doing the 5 year inspections and you go fix the things and they need to see it, or let you send them a picture.

The aav has a spring operated valve.

So it is normally closed.

It only opens from the suction of water going down the drain, starved for air behind it.

Raising it as high as possible gives it the space it needs to act as a vent, without leaking while open.
My Bad, modern aav’s do not use springs anymore.
Here is a quote from plumbingsupply.com.

Note: Modern AAVs are sometimes confused with the older "Automatic Air Vent" - a spring-operated device that accomplished the same task, but suffered from unreliability owing to its mechanical nature. Automatic air vents are no longer permitted for use; air admittance valves are not defined as mechanical devices, and are permitted to varying degrees in most plumbing codes.

Ok another question , do any of the aav’s out there adapt to my current drain style pipe or do I have to redo everything with scd 40 ?
I like being able to take everything apart like I can now , very easy
Thank you

Ok another question , do any of the aav’s out there adapt to my current drain style pipe or do I have to redo everything with scd 40 ?
I like being able to take everything apart like I can now , very easy
Thank you

Yes, you can buy an AAV for tubular piping.

Yea I can get mine up to the bottom of the counter or far enough away I could chg it ..
Thx

He should be able to make it whatever height he wants. I've never tried these, but it should be doable.

He should be able to make it whatever height he wants. I've never tried these, but it should be doable.

Of course he could. But the point was that it’s not required by the manufacturer.

Did you forget our discussion already ?

The one where you said it has to be 6” above the fixture or as high as possible ?

The box you’re holding says different.

That is all.

Of course he could. But the point was that it’s not required by the manufacturer.

Did you forget our discussion already ?

The one where you said it has to be 6” above the fixture or as high as possible ?

The box you’re holding says different.

That is all.

I'm not seeing how the manufacturer who makes an illegal device is relevant to anything. That's all.

Latest posts

Back