Gravity or mains fed shower?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckie

Reaction score
I’m replacing my faulty old mains fed electric shower (Mira Sport Max 10.8kW) and am considering going for a pumped, gravity fed electric shower (such as the Mira Elite SE Dual Pumped Electric Shower 9.8kW). The mains pressure sometimes drops enough for the low-flow cut-out to operate or the water gets too hot. In terms of the flow rate, can anybody advise please weather it’s best to go for the pumped gravity fed shower or stick with the mains fed shower (probably another Mira Sport Max 10.8kW)? I would imagine the pumped shower won’t be as good as a proper pumped power shower, some reviews say that the pump in the Mira Elite SE isn’t really powerful enough. Is that likely to be true, is the pump only designed to deliver something equivalent to mains pressure?

You are probably looking for the UK forum. Most people here are in North America. Most here if any will not be familiar with your equipment.

Back