Garbabge Disposal Sink & Other Sink back up water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88al88

Reaction score
To make a long story short, I got a screw stuck in the old garbage disposal and since it was really jammed in there I replaced the garbage disposal with a new one and all was working fine.

Then shortly afterward around the same time, can't remember which happened first, I stupidly put a little bit of corn husk down the garbage disposal. It didn't like it but it went down, I didn't put anymore down there. Also around that time we noticed a small leak and I tightened the pipes below.

Now whenever I use either sink, after a certain amount of water, the other one backs up. Then they will slowly both drain down. I'm inclined to think it's not due to the corn husk because I don't think that would explain why the non garbage disposal sink gets backed up. I snaked all the pipes and didn't find anything. I don't really know what the problem is.

Attached are the pics of the plumbing. I'm not exactly sure how the plumbing looked with the previous disposal but I think it is currently pretty close. I'm thinking maybe the pipe exiting the non disposal sink isn't slanted down enough. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

Did you snake the line by removing the trap? Try removing the tee on the waste line for the disposal. There is a baffle in the tee that may be clogged. That's a common problem.

John

Did you snake the line by removing the trap? Try removing the tee on the waste line for the disposal. There is a baffle in the tee that may be clogged. That's a common problem.

John

Hey John thanks for the suggestion. I just took apart and inspected all of the pipes and there wasn't a blockage in any of them. So it's further down the line, which I can't really see. I tried to snake that but I can only go so far, not sure why it stops. Maybe I need a better auger.

Sometimes the best bet is to call a professional drain cleaner. Yeah, they are expensive, but they have dealt with many clogged drains before.

Latest posts

Back