Faucet Installation Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrog

Reaction score
Hi, we purchased a BESy Kitchen faucet, but am having a very hard time installing it. the hoses as you can see in the photo, cannot be tightened very well, as they are inside the faucet, have rounded edges, so the best I can do is figure tighten the hoses to the faucet (see photo). I believe the ends that are going into the faucet are called "M10 Male Connectors". Are these typically only figure tightened to the faucet? should I add a lot of silicone to it after, or scrap it and get a different one? We love this one, but are stuck at the moment, and appreciate any help anyone can give :)

Thank you, and ps; this is the faucet:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0814K31SQ?th=1

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.04.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.04.48 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.04.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.04.48 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    628 KB · Views: 0
Those are generally installed at the factory. There are usually orings to seal. We're they not connected on your faucet? Or were they leaking?

Those are generally installed at the factory. There are usually orings to seal. We're they not connected on your faucet? Or were they leaking?
Hi and good morning :). Yes, these were sent separate. I'm getting some info that they are safe to just fingure tighen.. but water scares me a bit. wondering - any harm in perhaps adding a bit of silicone to it - just to ensure if anything comes loose it does not leak?

Did you put those lines on before you put the faucet on the sink. Try and carefully put a pair of pliers on them and try to
snug them up. Either that or get on Delta or Moen site and see if you can find a faucet that looks like yours that you purchased.
You would be alot happier with a name brand faucet. I'll be honest with you and say that I never heard of the brand besy.

Did you put those lines on before you put the faucet on the sink. Try and carefully put a pair of pliers on them and try to
snug them up. Either that or get on Delta or Moen site and see if you can find a faucet that looks like yours that you purchased.
You would be alot happier with a name brand faucet. I'll be honest with you and say that I never heard of the brand besy.

Thank you, and yes, we are also thinking maybe moving to Moen, appreciate all the help :)

Hi, we purchased a BESy Kitchen faucet, but am having a very hard time installing it. the hoses as you can see in the photo, cannot be tightened very well, as they are inside the faucet, have rounded edges, so the best I can do is figure tighten the hoses to the faucet (see photo). I believe the ends that are going into the faucet are called "M10 Male Connectors". Are these typically only figure tightened to the faucet? should I add a lot of silicone to it after, or scrap it and get a different one? We love this one, but are stuck at the moment, and appreciate any help anyone can give :)

Thank you, and ps; this is the faucet:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0814K31SQ?th=1
BESy looks to be one of those inexpensive Amazon brands that you can't ever find parts for later. I'd respectfully suggest returning that and getting a faucet with a name you've heard of, like Price-Pfister or MOEN.
DON'T buy 'GLACIER BAY' brand, that's the Home Depot house brand and they're made to fail.
Good luck!
Tim

BESy looks to be one of those inexpensive Amazon brands that you can't ever find parts for later. I'd respectfully suggest returning that and getting a faucet with a name you've heard of, like Price-Pfister or MOEN.
DON'T buy 'GLACIER BAY' brand, that's the Home Depot house brand and they're made to fail.
Good luck!
Tim
Pfisters a crap job too

Back