Eastman washer receptacle thread size

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello...I have an Eastman wall mount washer receptacle center drain with hot/cold 1/4 turn valves (model 60260)..and what I assumed was 1/2 standard male supply inlets. I purchased 2..1/2 inch female to 1/2 inch brass pex adapters (sharkbite). The problem is neither adapter will allow more than a half turn on either inlet before more force than I am willing to use is required to get even a single full turn on the threads. This even without any teflon tape. I have 2 moen faucets in my bathroom and did not have this problem. The plastic "tighteners" I guess you call them which secure the valves to the shell turn freely. Is Eastman metric? Could use some help...TIA

Last edited:
are referring to removing the valve from the base that is holding the valve in the box?
If so that is not 1/2 IP. To replace those valve you have to replace the entire valve so that means opening the drywall.
There is a nut on the bottom side of the valve and the pipe has to be cut to replace it.

7253545.jpg images.jpg

The oatey valves have a 1/2" FIP x 1/2" MIP in the box which make it possible to replace the valve with out opening the wall

oatey-eliminator-washing-machine-outlet-boxes-oatey.jpg

Last edited:
are referring to removing the valve from the base that is holding the valve in the box?
If so that is not 1/2 IP. To replace those valve you have to replace the entire valve so that means opening the drywall.
There is a nut on the bottom side of the valve and the pipe has to be cut to replace it.

View attachment 17723 View attachment 17724

The oatey valves have a 1/2" FIP x 1/2" MIP in the box which make it possible to replace the valve with out opening the wall

View attachment 17725
Thanks for the response...no this is a new installation everything is wide open...just the fittings do not seem to...fit. The "nut" I think you are referring to spins freely on the inlet...the adapter to pex ..not at all

The adapter only spins on maybe a half turn..after that extremely hard to get even a full turn WITHOUT teflon tape. BOTH sides, and 2 different adapters (same). Im not new to threaded pipe..so I am not crossthreading...I have never run into this. I stopped trying rather than destroy the threads

Attachments

• 36874920_10215925639909543_7153228376054956032_o.jpg
    36874920_10215925639909543_7153228376054956032_o.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
try a copper female adapter to see if its the pex fitting or the laundry valve fitting that's the problem......
I tried various fittings at the store...all fit with the pex adapters...same prob trying to thread them to the eastman...normally I would expect at least 2 full turns before pressure was felt..not so. I have narrowed it down already to something with the valves on the Eastman box...I dont believe they are standard thread tho they appear to match...so again...is it possible they are metric?

Last edited:
They may be made to take a copper pipe, and not threaded adapters. The threads look like just running threads to hold the nuts to the box

different threads
the shank of the valve is not pipe threads, it is straight threads and an adapter is a tapered thread
the valve you have needs to have a copper sweated into the shank.

tip
this valve, along with 2 , urinal spud washers/nut , can be used to fix a broken drain on a wet vac. lol........

after further testing...the threads on the eastman valves are not cut deep enuf (very slight)...a similar unit accepted the adapters just fine. I will rethread the valves for a couple bux..I dont know if its an eastman issue or just a bad run at the factory. Perhaps this whole ordeal was helpful to someone else..thanks for the responses

and to Finish this thread for the benefit of your subscribers...I just ran the valves thru the threading machine at local HW store and problem is now solved...they were in fact slightly undercut...now fit as they should.

Back