Disassembling sprayer head from Grohe Concetto faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puttermeister

Reaction score
First post and a slightly weird question.

I have a Grohe 32665DC1 Concetto kitchen faucet. Pretty good product except for the "required" (?) low-flow feature. (Good for dish and clothes washers but pointless on a faucet. If you need two gallons, you need two gallons!)

As a result of the reduced flow, the clearances in this faucet are pretty small, which also makes it subsceptible to any debris or buildup. As I'm on a well I've recently installed a 5 micron whole-house sediment filter, but I think there may a bit of gunk in the sprayer head.

At the moment I've got it in a vinegar & water solution in my Lyman vibratory tumbler (having removed the walnut media and any brass :eek:), which hopefully will dissolve any gunk in the head, but I'd still like to get it apart to be sure. Of course, it's clevery designed not to be disassembled, but the stubborn side of me figures there must be a way.

I've removed the sprayer button and it appears that the gray "cartridge" must come out from the back of the tubular chrome head. Has anyone figured this out?

http://cdn08.grohe.com/lib/1/tpi/1596711.pdf .

See page 2 & 3 of link above. If you do not have the tool to remove the parts at the sprayer contact grohe for replacement. Also remove the faucet supply lines from shut-off valves to check supply lines for protected screens.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the link to the .pdf. file. I think I may have that somewhere, as well as the star-shaped tool shown, which was used to install the faucet a couple of years ago. I'll use it to disassemble the head at some point.

After cleaning out the filter at the disconnect and soaking the head as noted above, the flow seems to have retuned to normal, ie, "politically-induced low flow" but it's OK. :)

Back