"Cricketing" Sound In Apartment Bathroom / Help?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgold

Reaction score
Hello,

I've heard hearing an unusual / annoying 'cricket' like sound in my bathroom for months now. It usually is triggered at night, often after my upstairs neighbours uses a shower or bath, and goes for 8~ hours.

In addition to being audible in my bathroom, one can also hear it in the ceiling of the apartment floor hallway.

Since the sound happens at night, it's been difficult to work with the building on this. Last week a plumber came and changed my faucet in the bathtub, but it didn't make a difference.

Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I'd like to give the building some better direction / ideas to work with.

Thank you so much for any help!!

I would talk to your neighbor and have them coordinate with you for a nite or so when they are using their shower doesn't seem like water piping because of how long it lasts but anything is possible if this is a condo or an apartment they may have a maintenance dept
You could talk to them and see if previous occupants had this same issue

It could be a bath fan in their unit, with a bad bearing, or failing motor, or just dusty fan blades and needs vacuuming out.

Or a roof fan that vents out several stacked bathrooms, also a bad bearing or squeaky pulley or worn belt.

It could also be a noise coming from a heating boiler pipe.
Hot water heat will of course be running much more at night, in winter.

Latest posts

Back