Contacts?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Who else wears them?

For the last five or so years I have worn glasses here and there, I had a pair of prescription sunglasses and a clear pair for driving at night. When I was working in the mountains I broke my sunglasses so I went to the eye doctor to get a new pair that were ready yesterday. I went to pick them up and they were the wrong prescription so the eye doctor redid everything and found out his machine made an error so while my glasses were getting redone he gave me a pair of contacts. Now I have tried contacts once before and it took an hour to get them in and the eye doctor had to numb my eye to do it (My eyes are so quick to shut I dont even need safety googles). So this time the lady got them in in about 15 minutes Great! So since they have been in they have been uncomfortable and just plain annoying and my eyes are so red I look like I am walking around stoned. I spent about an hour last night trying to get them out with no luck so my question is do I just leave them in hoping for better results today or go back to the doctor to have these things removed?

Your eyes would probably clear up once you quit making the "Yes on Prop 19" posters. ;)

Who else wears them?

For the last five or so years I have worn glasses here and there, I had a pair of prescription sunglasses and a clear pair for driving at night. When I was working in the mountains I broke my sunglasses so I went to the eye doctor to get a new pair that were ready yesterday. I went to pick them up and they were the wrong prescription so the eye doctor redid everything and found out his machine made an error so while my glasses were getting redone he gave me a pair of contacts. Now I have tried contacts once before and it took an hour to get them in and the eye doctor had to numb my eye to do it (My eyes are so quick to shut I dont even need safety googles). So this time the lady got them in in about 15 minutes Great! So since they have been in they have been uncomfortable and just plain annoying and my eyes are so red I look like I am walking around stoned. I spent about an hour last night trying to get them out with no luck so my question is do I just leave them in hoping for better results today or go back to the doctor to have these things removed?

I have allergies and I drink a lot of coffee. I get glassy eyed with huge veins and people stare at me like I'm wasted. I don't hav the heart to tell them I'm not, I just start eating the closest thing next to me and talk about how shiny things are neat.

I don't have contacts or glasses, lucky me.

I've been wearing glasses everyday since 4th grade...
dunno.gif

I have been wearing contacts for probably the last 13 or 14 years.

When I first started wearing them, I had the same problem as you are. Red eyes, really sore, couldn't get the ---- things out. Eventually, my eyes got used to them, I got better at getting them in and out. One of the key things is to find a brand and "model" that works for your. There are some contact lenses available that are meant to be left in longer than the kind that I use, but my eyes cannot stand them.

I went back to the eye doctor yesterday and he said that brand just wasn't for me. He wanted to give me a different kind that breath really well but I would have to pull them out every night and put them in every morning. I told that would be fine if I could take home is assistant who could do that for me but at the rate it takes me to get one in or out I would be blind from pocking myself in the eye before I got the damn thing in. So I am back in my glasses and couldnt be happier. At least my eyes are not bad enopugh that have to wear them all the time mainly just to drive and see fine details on tv and stuff.

If I didn't NEED the ---- things to do everything except drink beer and poop I might still wear glasses. Taking contacts out every night and putting them back in every morning is a pain, but less of a pain than trying not to scratch lenses or otherwise break glasses.

Latest posts

Back