Condo- unit connecting water supply hoses

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only benefit of a manifold system like that is you have the ability to identify and turn each line off at the source.

The negatives are……
1. It’s expensive way to pipe a house
2. Purging required at each hot water fixture.
3. Much more pipe to leak one day
4. No way to circulate the hot water
5. The fittings on the manabloc are proprietary, not a standard store item.

If I did want a central manifold system, it wouldn’t be a huge hunk of plastic with plastic valves.

I’ve been to more houses where the manabloc was the source of the problem rather than the solution to a leak.

Big facts.

But people like the idea of it because it sounds good. To a guy that pipes houses, it’s a gimmick.

There’s value in simplicity.

Thank you Mitchell!! Yeah, mine isn’t broken, but my neighbors was. Hers was leaking. Mine as of now is still in good shape and hoping it’s a while before I need to replace.
That’s what they do, they leak. They only have a 10 yr warranty for a piping system that should last 20-30 yrs minimum.

I would discontinue the hot line going to the dishwasher and cut a tee in the kitchen sink hot line and install a valve for each under the sink.

This would eliminate unnecessary pipe and could also eliminate purge time. If I’m starting the dishwasher then most likely I’ve just used hot water at the sink unless I’ve set a delayed start.
68751F67-E6E4-4B9F-9AF7-364D560CA293.jpeg

>>> I would discontinue the hot line going to the dishwasher and cut a tee in the kitchen sink hot line and install a valve for each under the sink.

I've read that some people are hooking the DW up to the Cold line, figuring it's cheaper to heat the small amount of water needed by the DW, versus keeping same amount of hot water in 40-gallon holding tank. Shrug

Latest posts

Back