Burying gas line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the poly it is either going to be fusion bonded or the compression fitting or one that is like a shark bite. I don't know if any other ways. I have installed a lot of it over the years. Fusion is the cheapest way but the others can be easier depending on skill level.

the pipe you are using requires fusion

not clamps...wth ...you need to tell this bozo jack leg you do not wish to get blown up in the middle of the night.

instead of him calling the inspector. you call him, tell him about the clamps on the gas line

he will be there in less than 24 hours did he install a tracer wire ? warning ribbon ?

:confused:

Master Po... May I apologetically ask a question?

Fusion is the ultimate on joining PE but certified clamps are approved, correct?

http://www.conind.com/products/gas-distribution-products/con-stab-id-seal-fittings

...don't mind that shredding noise...that rice paper is a b!tch... :(

Yes read my post above Frodo post. They have two other styles here in California you can use one is a compression fitting and one is like a shark bite but better. Both approved per code.

It's hard to get the poly to stop leaking using the screw style clamps. When you tighten them enough to stop leaking they strip out. So I can use those push type fittings with my line?

It's hard to get the poly to stop leaking using the screw style clamps. When you tighten them enough to stop leaking they strip out. So I can use those push type fittings with my line?

go rent the fusion plates for $30.00 be done with it forever

plug in plate..wait till it gets hot

press both square cut ends on plate ..count to 5

pull off plate press together and holt...done

ok let go,,,,your being a wise ass..let GO!! :D

Yes read my post above Frodo post.

They have two other styles here in California you can use one is a compression fitting and one is like a shark bite but better. Both approved per code.

THANX and sorry Chris. We posted at the same time.

I was reading about joining PE and it seemed the required fusion tooling was quite expensive. If I was a professional... :rolleyes: ... I would of course invest in the tooling but just around the house would use fittings. Just wanted to make sure they are approved.

That's a very affordable tool for joining the poly pipe together. But, I looked online and that con-stab riser is $84 dollars! How do I affordable transition to black iron? Every time I search poly fittings I get water line fittings. Are they the same?

Thank you for pointing that out frodo. I had went to that site but missed the fact that there were other options besides the one I saw before.

Thank you Frodo,KULTULZ, Chris,PhishFood for helping me out. I have two options 1) run a gas line outside 2) run one in the basemen, I have a finished basement. I choose to run outside because the plumber(same guy who screwed up) said that the dry wall repair might not look good. I am very new to this. We recently bought a home. Will I notice the drywall repair in the ceiling if I choose option 2 to run inside the basement. I can post picture of the basement ceiling. It has a white color with Hand print design.

I would get a better contractor. Anyone who says you don't need a permit for gas is wacked.

Thanks Chris. what is a good option ? Is it better to use CSST in a PVC pipe ? Any other option ?

Is it propane cause I know they sells plastic gas pipe that come in rolls, it's yellow in color, plus they have a shark bite type fitting and you can every get a sharkbite by threaded black mal90 looks like a coned bend

Is it propane cause I know they sells plastic gas pipe that come in rolls, it's yellow in color, plus they have a shark bite type fitting and you can every get a sharkbite by threaded black mal90 looks like a coned bend

I guess that pipe would be interchangeable for natural gas too? Wouldn't it?

Latest posts

Back