Broke a few Toes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-installing brick pavers after I put in a gas line for my father in law. That was a full on blow and the nail helped cut in...
Owie... Ha

Maybe you should just get rid of what ever you keep kicking?

It's my son's walker. He needs it to walk. Of course the same could be said about my toes.

My enemy was the chest in my living room. A few months ago I turned out the lights and smacked my right pinky toe against the leg and ripped the nail off. Guess I didn't learn my lesson. The same scenario is what snapped it out to a 90 degree angle. Sounded like breaking a pretzel stick in two. Good news is the toe nail stayed. Bad news was I couldn't miss work while it healed and spent hours each day walking around on it. My wife and I are still arguing about the relocation of the chest. Maybe she needs to hit it once and see what it's like.

OUCH! This is why I like toekicks. When I build the storage platform for my bed, it will have a toekick. The trunk I will upholster and put at the end of the bed will be raised up so I will have clearance and hopefully won't hurt my toe. The entire thing will be padded to reduce my chances of injuring myself.

I hope you can prevail upon your wife to put the thing in a safer spot so you won't keep hurting yourself. I suppose it wouldn't work to put some blocks under it to raise it up and then have foot clearance....

An pics of that? I need solutions.

Edit: Realized I was responding to someone who was responding to someone else and not to me. Durr. Brain not working today.

My brain hardly ever works so I'm right there with you!

Update: My toes is still a wreck. I think the bone is not healing properly, but as I am super awesome I think I'll give it a few more years before I see a doc about it.

Update: My toes is still a wreck. I think the bone is not healing properly, but as I am super awesome I think I'll give it a few more years before I see a doc about it.

Yikes! Avoid spinach. It actually slows the process of bone mending.

Just be aware of any sudden discoloration or swelling. I ain't no fancy doctor or nuthin', but in my experiences as a hospitalcorpsman I have seen untreated trauma to "digits" develop staph infections in the tissues even though no open wound is present. This is common in the trades as well as with Marines as guys who try to tough it out or don't want a comp claim figure it will be okay. The infections are fast, damaging and sometimes the only resolution is removal of the infected tissue/muscle/bone if not treated promptly.
I fixed my own broken toe last month, but still went to a doctor to make sure it was okay.
Not trying to scare ya, just looking out for you.
-Scott

I've had MRSA and I watch things like a hawk. I saw a guy online who stubbed his big toe, got MRSA, then had to have most of his foot removed.

MRSA are awful. An 15-year-old girl from another forum I used to frequent died from that. It was really sad. She was a sweet kid.

I think there are other things instead of milk that you can drink. Orange juice. You can also take calcium supplements.

I would be so miserable if I couldn't have milk. I LOVE milk. It is my favorite drink. But I know a lot of people are lactose intolerant.

I do hope it heals up soon.

Sometimes not going to the doctor is something you regret later. I've known people who literally died because they put off going to the doctor.

I wish that I'd gone to the doctor when I dislocated my ankle (I suspect I cracked a bone but since I never went to the doctor I don't know). I couldn't walk right on it for two years. That was back when I still had medical insurance (back before they tripled my premiums, doubled my deductible, and lowered the lifetime payout to less than I had already paid in).

MRSA are awful. An 15-year-old girl from another forum I used to frequent died from that. It was really sad. She was a sweet kid.

I think there are other things instead of milk that you can drink. Orange juice. You can also take calcium supplements.

I would be so miserable if I couldn't have milk. I LOVE milk. It is my favorite drink. But I know a lot of people are lactose intolerant.

I do hope it heals up soon.

Sometimes not going to the doctor is something you regret later. I've known people who literally died because they put off going to the doctor.

I wish that I'd gone to the doctor when I dislocated my ankle (I suspect I cracked a bone but since I never went to the doctor I don't know). I couldn't walk right on it for two years. That was back when I still had medical insurance (back before they tripled my premiums, doubled my deductible, and lowered the lifetime payout to less than I had already paid in).

I drink Soy Milk and eat Tums as calcium supplements. I love milk too. Giving it up was hard, but it cut my stomach issues in half so that was positive.

Part of the reason my mom died was lack of going to the doctor.

That's a tough one. I'm not one to shy away from the Doc, but it cost to much. I can't spend a third of my income on insurance, then still have enough left to pay the Doc.

We have to get a solution in place. I'm a producer but one wrong step and I'm not. I don't feel that it's int he best interest of anyone to see me go broke from living life.

Latest posts

Back