Best Pex Connection Method (Poll)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I know all pro's probably have their own tools and preferences for connecting ex with fixtures, manifolds, etc. Of all the methods, which do folks find is the most reliable and robust. I want to make sure that anything I spec out in a design is going to be reliable and not prone to callbacks and/or warranty claims. Does anyone have any advice as to what system is the most robust and ubiquitous?

Thanks in advance. I have learned a ton from all you guys!

Uponor's propex cold expansion is my preferred method for ease of install, and reliability when used with Milwaukee pex expansion tool. It's "pex-a" which is the most flexible and the connections allows close to full flow throughout the system. The system uses special fittings and are either brass or plastic. There is an outer ring of pex installed on the end of the pipe, and when expanded, slip over the end of the fitting, then compress down on it with its memory, and continues to squeeze down on the fitting for its whole life.

Back