Another Room Remodel Project

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRad704

Moderation
Reaction score
This time its the Laundry room, and I am still only half done with my total plan. This was a very impromptu project that I did in about 3 hours yesterday...

And it all started because I HATE this!!!! Boxes and stuff on top of the dryer!!!

I will upload before and after pics of each angle...

2010-04-27 10.47.00.jpg

2010-04-28 07.07.23.jpg

2010-04-27 10.47.08.jpg

2010-04-28 07.07.32.jpg

2010-04-28 07.07.44.jpg

Some people would yell a their family not to put stuff on the washer dryer. You built a shelf. A nice one to boot. Are you taking down the old shelves?

Some people would yell a their family not to put stuff on the washer dryer. You built a shelf. A nice one to boot. Are you taking down the old shelves?

Thanks, and yeah, i have enough to yell about otherwise... ;)

Yes, that is the second half of my grand master plan. Take down the wire, add wood.... OR I am now thinking about just painting all the wire with the Hammered Bronze paint. Havent decided, but with the shelves so high-up, I think it is helpful to be able to see through them... Thoughts?

Bronze would be cool if you are going to keep the shelves, I wouldn't do the wood because like you said you can not see through them and they would just collect dust. I myself am going the route of cabinets because I don't even want to see my junk.

as you can see... our laundry "junk" is mostly extra sheets and random crap (like rabbit supplies for a rabbit we no longer have)... I just feel like shelves are the way to go for this room, and Might get them down and paint them sometime. I really wish they came coated in dark brown already.

Good point about dust also. As much lint as I vaccuumed/wiped off the walls in there, I would hate to have over-head wood shelves to clean.

I would hate to have over-head wood shelves to clean.

I would install upper cabinets with crown molding at the heighth of the ceiling. With doors on the cabinets, you would not see any dust at all. Have you seen the closet cabinets which Lowe's sales? I surrounded my walk in closet with them, and they turned out sharp. I used their cherry wood, but they now have several different options available.

Last edited:
I would paint them bronze, if anything. Do yo have little people that need to see up there? If not cabinets would look good.

After reading another site's thread, he going to be listening to some great music all weekend, so I don't think he will get much done for a bit.

It was surely a crazy weekend in teh Mid-South area... the hardest hit parts are just north of me, up in Tipton County... at least 18 bridges gone or flooded at this point, and there are many more in Shelby and Fayette Co's... Our house is fine, all our friends homes are fine, but my parents body shop got it pretty bad... several inches of water through out all the offices up front (~2,000sf) and about 4-5 FEET of water on teh back lot... several cars got totally submerged and are likely total-losses, including an 05 Benz Conv. and a 2009 Acura TL, and 2 of my dad's own cars... the bldg next door had a 3/4 full dumpster float... FLOAT from the back of the bldg and crash into the guys fence!

My wife and I were downtown at MusicFest Friday and Saturday and it only rained ON us for about 15 minute both days... however just before Alice in Chains was to come on stage, they evacuated the park!!! :mad: Oh, well... Safety first, right?

I feel for you, but it was nothing compared to So. Cal. I hurt my thumb turning the air conditioning in the high position as I was driving to Knott's Berry Farm to try out the new "Pink's" hot dog business. Horrible, expensive hot dogs! :p

Seriously, I heard there were many deaths in Tenn., which is where my family originated (Fayetteville area), and is nothing to joke about. I wish you all well! Since I am a Disaster Response Team Leader for the Red Cross, I'm expecting a call any minute. :(

I think our local death-count was at only 6. 4 in TN and 2 in AR. And local EMA is doing a good job from what I (as a lay-person) can tell...

Police: 6 killed in flooding in Nashville...

The weekend's storms also killed 17 others in Tennessee and Mississippi.

This is what AP News is reporting on the West Coast. (not that the news has ever reported incorrect news!)

I havent checked anything today, and my info was as-of this morning for the Memphis-only area... These storms are moving SO slowly, that's what's causing the extra problems, all that water... :(

That's terrible. I've never been in a flood. Tornados no flood.

Latest posts

Back