Adding wall mounted laundry sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually this isn't legal.
That was my original idea and that is where the studs are drilled.
Actually this isn't legal.
The picture is related to your earlier suggestion. By raising the washer p trap it allows me to run the sink 1-3/8“ drain line straight into the 2” line. Then I have plenty of room on the right with no copper in the way to add my sweeping Y down into the 2” line.

Attachments

• F0F51B1B-E18C-48BB-9CF1-5FC91C5D205D.jpeg
    F0F51B1B-E18C-48BB-9CF1-5FC91C5D205D.jpeg
    847.8 KB · Views: 5
That was my original idea and that is where the studs are drilled.

The picture is related to your earlier suggestion. By raising the washer p trap it allows me to run the sink 1-3/8“ drain line straight into the 2” line. Then I have plenty of room on the right with no copper in the way to add my sweeping Y down into the 2” line.
Your vent isn't right. It needs to be like I showed before. It goes sink drain,then trap, then vent, then sink branch.

Is this drawing better? The vent would rise after the trap and tie over to the existing vent.

Attachments

• 87130B5C-BF57-416A-97B1-A447698BF0EC.jpeg
    87130B5C-BF57-416A-97B1-A447698BF0EC.jpeg
    754.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Still not legal. You need to be 24 inches from the drain inside the sink vertically to the trap weir. You can't drop more than two feet before the trap basically.

Is this better?

Attachments

• FBCC1832-8E7E-4E87-B42D-A320656BE470.jpeg
    FBCC1832-8E7E-4E87-B42D-A320656BE470.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 8
Still not legal. You need to be 24 inches from the drain inside the sink vertically to the trap weir. You can't drop more than two feet before the trap basically.
Thank you so much for your help and your patience. I've learned a lot more about plumbing with your help.

Would it be better to run the 2”drain all the way to the sink and drop the 1-1/2” drain into a sweeping 90.
Depends on the sink. A Laundry wash basin I think needs a 2" drain anyway. That's the pipe after the trap arm. Different sinks need different size drains.

Depends on the sink. A Laundry wash basin I think needs a 2" drain anyway. That's the pipe after the trap arm. Different sinks need different size drains.
This is a fairly small metal enameled wall sink with a 1-1/2" drain hole.

It's more about the faucet. Most sinks have a 1.5" drain hole. Kitchen and laundry require a 2" drain with 1.5" trap.

I feel like I'm in Plumbing School. I did become a supporting member. This is an amazing site. The best of what the internet should be doing.

Back